Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Excellent quality - along with the amazing Oceanborn and Century Child is simply amazing.
Dead Boy Poen is simply astonishing in its depth and originality - these guys are composers of the highest order - call it
heavy metal, call it opera, call it crazy, call it what you like - this is music of the highest order which moves heavy metal into the 3rd Millennia let alone this decade.

Next up to digest is Once, cant wait......still amazed I missed this band - but maybe there is a veneer of 'Euro Metal' upon first listen which may put some listeners off in the first instance. DONT BE FOOLED - this is metal music history in action - as good as the best of Maiden - pity their first singer is no longer with them....
on 10 May 2016
This rates as one of my favourite Nightwish albums. Stonking good songs such as She is My Sin, Kinslayer, Wanderlust, Wishmaster, Crownless and Deep Silent Complete as well as the haunting Dead Boy's Poem and other great songs make this a memorable album. Tarja at her best and as usual, inspired writing from Tuomas. This is one not to miss.
on 24 May 2017
Another superb album from Nightwish!
on 25 February 2017
Nightwish are very good
on 9 April 2017
Brilliant
on 20 September 2004
This album just blew me away!! I'm a new Nightwish fan. I heard their new album, Once, and was simply blown away. Okay, I have to admit, I did find it a bit overdramatic at first, but once I got into it it's the best music I've ever heard. I love the subtle way that Tarja's operatic vocals intertwine with the blitzing guitar riffs. You hear this on all the Nightwish albums but I think it is particularly noticeable on this one, especially on songs like "The Kinslayer" and "Bare Grace Misery". Anyway, if you like your metal to be musical and catchy while still feeling raw and aggresive, buy this album!!! In fact buy all their albums, they're all great!!!!!
on 26 February 2003
Wishmaster, is a work of pure genius. The mixture of that pure and beautiful operatic voice from Tarja, and the deep rock undertones with wonderful lyrics, it is an instant masterpiece. Tracks such as Cover me, Wanderlust, and the beautiful Two for Tragedy, will stay with you , but the piece de resistance, has to be the moving and very haunting, Dead Boys Poem. Now, classed as one of my favourite pieces, ever. Wonderful, Cd, now i have acquired Oceanborn, which i feel is almost as good, as wishmaster, but not quite.
A true asset to any collection, wonderful piece of art.
on 2 August 2005
It might sound an impossible combination, but imagine a female soprano fronting Deep Purple or Iron Maiden. That's what Nightwish are like, though they're from Finland. My cousin gave me this album recently and I can't get the songs out of my head. Let's face it, this is one of those bands that you instantly love or instantly hate; I love 'em!
Forget all this "death metal" rubbish and get Nightwish; they're leagues apart from all the plonkers who're trying to be the next Maiden or Purple. Nightwish are a unique band and I can only implore you to buy their stuff.
on 2 December 2005
I fell in love with Nightwish completely in the opening seconds of 'She Is My Sin', the opening track of this album. I'd been intrugied by them previously, particuarly as at that time in my life, metal bands fronted by classically trained opera singers were somewhat new to me. The word that springs to my mind whenever I think of this album, and it may sound cliched, but it is 'magical'.
OK OK, I am gushing a little. But this album is excellent from start to finish. Every track is of a very high quality. Unlike many (most, in fact) albums, there are no tracks on Wishmaster that I feel inclined to skip. It feels a crime to skip a track when listening to Wishmaster.
Personal highlights here: The opening track, being classic Nightwish-by-numbers (and that's not a bad thing!), the opening of 'Deep Silent Complete', the haunting beauty of Tarja's vocals in 'Dead Boy's Poem', and the interlude/flute solo in 'FantasMic'.
A lot of people seem to have got into Nightwish recently with the commercial success of 'Once' and 'Century Child'. Well, if you like those albums, Wishmaster is certainly for you. Highly recommended!
on 14 January 2005
hey! im a new Nightwish Fan.My best mate bought "Once" as soon as it was released and i was blown away by the first track! So i set about gettin the whole collection. Without doubt "Wishmaster" and "once" are the two best Nightwish albums around. From the amazing "She Is My sin" to The Superb piano and guitar work on "wanderlust" this album is a total work of art! Get their entire collection it is totally worth it!