on 30 January 2012
...he loves it!

Pros:

1. Pretty awesome for the price.

2. Decent BIOS.

3. Modern day S-ATA and PCI-E support.

4. Easily use your old IDE devices (optical drives and hard drives, for example) with the supplied IDE slots.

5. Supports some pretty decent processors! (I'm told it supports an earlier model of a quad-core CPU - Core 2 Duo x4 or something? I'm not sure) My brother instantly put on this motherboard, a Core 2 Duo CPU and has had no problems.

6. Supports Windows XP, if you're one of the many who refuse to use the newer operating systems!

Cons:

1. DDR2, as apposed to DDR3, but this was in-fact a necessity, as my bro' had a 2GB DDR2 DIMM already. (since this is a product review, I'm excluding this) As far as reliability of the seller: it all seems good to me! I've had no complaints from my bro'.

To quote my brother: "Installed easily, packaged nicely, and upgradable. No problems."
on 7 January 2012
Finding good motherboards which are compatible with Core 2 Duo processors and DDR2 memory is becoming increasingly difficult. This ASRock M-ATX product was the best I could find to reuse existing components in a backup/server application, where its Gigabit Ethernet capability was much appreciated (the number of SATA interfaces is limited to 4, but it's possible to add extension cards to make up for this potential shortfall).

Having 2 PCI slots, in addition to two more modern PCIe slots was also valuable for my aging SCSI scanner and pro-audio soundcards.

By the way, this motherboard also works very well with Linux (Fedora 14 and 16)
on 17 July 2012
I needed a cheap motherboard. I needed a motherboard with plenty of upgrade room. More specifically, I needed a new motherboard that'd work with my Intel E7500.
This ticks all the boxes.

I don't have very much money, hence the reasonably cheap processor, but it was an upgrade, which goes to show...
Having little money, this motherboard was a great price. And if like me, you have little money, you get a lot of motherboard for your money.
It can take up to (and including) an Intel Core 2 Extreme processor. It can have 8GB DDR2 ram (again, a nice cheap option).
It can overclock a 1.8Ghz dual core processor to 3.08Ghz, which is pretty good.

Installation was beautifully easy. I literally plugged everything in, changed the power jumper, and off I went with ease. Installed Windows, and it was ready to use.

I can't see any problem this motherboard could give you. It's sime, very efficient and works great. It even comes with some nice UI programs for overclocming, also providing plenty of heat and rotation speed information, as well as your processor speed etc.

I reccomend this to anybody on a tight budget. I'm very happy with it.
on 14 January 2013
I bought this motherboard as a replacement for one of my clients as the old one died suddenly (small desktops heat up too much). I found this as one with the same socket for the cpu, installed and upgraded to Win7.
Very fast and painless.
on 1 September 2012
yes I received this motherboard very quick delivery only thing wrong was when fitted it did not work so asked on the saturday for replacement. I sent it back on the sunday through a parcel delivery company and on the monday I had received my replacement fantastic could not believe it. and it is working fine now thanks. yes I would recommend this motherboard. ASRock 775 G31M-GS R2.0 Motherboard Intel Socket M-ATX 1333FSB
on 29 January 2014
Bought to replaced an old MSI-7366 which had compatibility problems with a PCI-E x16 graphics card. The Asrock board has proved to be a good investment even if old technology. It runs faster that the old MSI board and USB etc run faultlessly for me.

It has good overclocking capabilities. Took a while to figure out the best BIOS settings for me but now sorted.

The transfer of the hardware (processor and memory) was easy as the Asrock supported the processor and memory from my old motherboard. The on board graphics are OK if you do not expect a lot of the graphics and work well if you are no too much into games personally I up graded to a faster PCI-e graphics card. The board is all quite small even smaller in width that the MSI M-ATX one it replaced but all the mounting holes still match.

All the connections for all the cables are easily accessed. all in all I have a lot of respect for this motherboard and would recommend it to any one that needs a replacement motherboard of this type.

The 775 slot motherboards are getting harder to find in a new condition so do not hang about too long if your after a new 775 slot motherboard especially if your need is also for DDR2 memory.
on 18 February 2012
The product arrived on time. It didn't have any external packaging, it was just the motherboard and it's accessories inside it's primary cardboard case.

Upon opening the box, I found that the bag that the motherboard was inside, was ripped. Not too much to bother me, or to make me wonder whether it was tampered with prior to reaching me, but ripped nonetheless.

That wont however, stop me from giving this product a 5 star rating. This is because it does what it's supposed to, it works fine, it was packed fine (all though I would have preferred some secondary packaging, the way it arrived is fine by me).

5/5

Rashid.
on 18 January 2012
This was an excellent buy, the motherboard is up and running 2 days after ordering it, very quick postage will buy from again, many thanks
on 22 February 2013
I am very please to have this new motherboard I bought, it works very fast as expected and has some quite decent features.
Such as: 256MB integrated graphics adaptor supports bunch of a variety of intel CPU's which means upgradable at any time from Core 2 Duo up to max Intel core 2 Extreme which is very good I believe.

So yes once again I love it and whoever needs similar type mother board for quite a savers pocket then I advice to get one.

Good luck
on 30 March 2013
I was impressed with this motherboard for features and ease of installation, but after a few weeks the CMOS settings are not being saved and I have to reset the date every time the power is disconnected. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the battery, as I have tried another battery and it still does it. If it wasn't for this probkem, I would give it a four or five star.