Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 November 2007
Daft Punk are usually regarded as a 'dance' act but the truth is that, whilst they know how to make great house music, they long since transcended any trend or genre. I was lucky enough to witness them headline the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London as part of the Alive 2007 Tour and they ABSOLUTELY BLEW MY MIND!! I'm not just saying that for affect...I have honestly never seen such a great live show. Completely original and totally brilliant.

This live set consists of snatches of HOMEWORK, DISCOVERY and the under-rated HUMAN AFTER ALL (Daft Punk's three classic and ground-breaking studio albums) mixed and mashed up almost like a DJ set but better than any DJ set you could begin to imagine. And arguably, some of the tracks sound better live than recorded - more bass, more energy.

And by some stroke of crazy genius, this recording (of the show at Bercy in Paris in June 2007) truly manages to capture the noise, ferocious energy and sheer massiveness of the Daft Punk live experience. You just have to hear it and hear it loud.
on 28 June 2008
Although I would never have declared myself a Daft Punk fan I have always been aware of them and their more popular tracks. Then one day a friend of mine told me this was the best album he had heard for an age - much septisism followed - then another friend heaped much of the same praise upon it too; so I bought it.

I had to agree with them.

From start to finish it is simply flows from killer tune, to irresistable hook back to another amazing tune. If you want people up and dancing in any situation this is the album for you.

Even the slower, less strong portions feel as if they are simply giving you a rest from the manic bouncing and shape pulling you will have shamed yourself with.

This album is the majority of DP's better tracks mashed, cut and fused together - doing a better job than any supposed best of - to make arguably the best dance record of all time.

Due to this album Daft Punk are a priorty "Must See" band. Simply, if you like good tunes, a bit of bass and want to step away from the overplayed indie scene - then this is the alum for you.
on 16 May 2016
Some artists defy genres and categorisation, they simply produce great work and Daft Punk are a great example of that. It is dance music but the influences range from Prog to Hardgroove Techno.
This live album follows 3 fantastic studio albums, essentially, this live set is a complete mash up of a good chunk of their previous releases. Like an intricate DJ mix of their tracks with elements of a few tunes all played over each other. Obviously they know their own stuff but that can not hide the sheer hard graft and effort it must have taken to put this together. It will renew your love for their work and open your mind to the possibilities of a live show. Unfortunately I missed out on this tour but everyone I know who saw them all state, without hesitation that it was the most profound, special, live gig they'd witnessed. Not just within dance music, but the best live show ever! Take a listen to this album and you'll be in no doubt that they are indeed correct.
on 27 November 2007

on 20 May 2010
I'll admit it: I'm a live album luddite, a hater if you will.

I can't bear how the live albums consist of songs that have already been released, mangled by a new arrangement, muddied by bad acoustics and knackered musicians and sullied by a chanting mob whooping out the greatest hits in a toe-curlingly out of tune manner. To quote a stand up comedian my attitude could best be described as "make it sound like it does on the album.... no tricks!".

I am also a big Daft Punk fan, they have done great things and their space in my album collection is virtually hallowed ground. I can only point you to the infectious optimistic delight that is Discovery as proof.

Imagine my surprise when I found that the Daft Punk live album that I listened to with such trepidation was actually possibly the pinnacle of their recorded career.
They have taken tracks from Homework, Discovery and Human After All ripped them apart and put them back together as a sprawling beast of compelling driving beats lifted up and given focus and direction by fantastic tunes from all over their previous work.

Make no mistake, this is much more than the sum of its parts and a truly great album, live or not.
on 17 July 2013
I was lucky enough to see Daft Punk live when they released their first album "Homework" and they were incredible. Now years later my interest in all things daft was re-ignited with the release of the excellent "Random Access Memories". Alive 2007 was available as a download at less than a fiver so it felt rude not to. It's a good album but you really need to be there .........
on 1 March 2013
Im not generally into this type of music. I bought The album Discovery and only liked the first few songs. However this album is mixed so well and kept me buzzing the whole way through. the mixes are impressive and although live the crowd noise doesnt take away from the sound of the album I actually feel that it adds to it.

Would absolutely recommend for anyone who like a good beat!
on 25 May 2012
I bought this having enjoyed most of it on Spotify - so I knew what I was getting. This album contains some great music, I find it particularly good as background music whilst working or playing games. Some of the tracks are a bit of a miss when compared to some of the truly fantastic tracks on the album however I acknowledge this is personal choice. If you haven't heard the album be aware that the tracks are mash-ups of the songs mentioned, not simply one seguing into the other. This works so well for some of the Daft Punk well known tracks with the lesser known but it does mean Aerodynamic makes (a little too) frequent appearence.

A great album to zone out to but it's rare that I don't skip a track or two
on 5 March 2008
Simply the best!

I have every CD & DVD released by Daft Punk & this is by far the best ever (why it got deleted & then re-issued in such a short space of time I don't know?).
What makes this extra special is the fact that it's recorded in the artist's home town of Bercy (near Paris) in June 2007 so they've really pulled out all the stops to make this fantastic!
Please be aware when you listen that this is NOT a DJ set where Daft Punk are simply mixing a few of their own songs together. They actually somehow reconstructed all the tracks as they are performing with each song sounding very similar to the original recording but completely different.

Even if you've already got Homework, Discovery etc you'll absolutely love this live performance!
on 11 February 2008
This is not my typical current listening but it is fantastic, better even as a live document than Kraftwerk's Minimum Maximum, better than the studio originals and mixed together in a totally innovative way. I am already on my second copy having given the first away to a deserving friend - like a previous reviewer said "Play loud!".