on 27 April 2016
I had two of the non stick Pyrex oven trays for well over 3 years and in that time they were well used and lasted me until I decided to replace them as they started looking a bit old. Having had such a good experience with these trays I replaced them with two identical ones but sadly the quality is no longer there. The non stick coating is simply lifting/bubbling up away from the surface after only 5 months! I have added pictures as have other reviewers.
review imagereview imagereview image
8 people found this helpful
on 18 March 2018
Amazon sent us two replacements for these trays as the first two were faulty with the non stick coating coming away.
So you can imagine that the first one we used well within their specifications, no metal, hand washed and well within temperature guidelines developed the same peel away coating after just 5 uses for roasting potatoes at 180c.
I'm sorry but this is just not good enough.
Much as though I have little to complain about when buying most products from Amazon this is just not good enough as a product for them or the manufacturer to sell to the public.
There is obviously a fault in the manufacturing process and Amazon should consult with the manufacturer to either investigate or seek an improvement in the product before they sell on behalf of the manufacturer.
I'll be returning the replacement and seeking a refund to buy something else.
review image
on 11 March 2014
I'm very satisfied with the quality of the Pyrex Classic Range. I'm just getting round to throwing out my old large Pyrex roasting tin - it's had plenty of use and lasted about five years. I can still use it, but the non-stick coating has just about worn off.

I like the size and depth of this tin, it holds plenty and the contents can be turned/moved around easily without spilling stuff over the edge. It's also got a good sized rim at each end which is easy to grasp and remove from the oven.

I find the quality is good, it doesn't feel flimsy, and my old large Pyrex roasting tin has never gone out of shape. The non-stick coating lasts a few years before it starts to wear off and it remains easy to clean for quite a long time.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2015
I bought this because it said it was dishwasher safe, even though it will go in the dishwasher and I have used it about 4 times in the dishwasher, it is now showing signs of the enamel coming off in some places, I was hoping this roasting tin would last for a long time but I can't see that happening, not bad for the price and it will go in the dishwasher but don't expect it to last for ages. UPDATE: The seller wouldn't refund me as it was past the 30 days, so I contacted pyrex who replaced the roaster for me. As I thought when I received the roaster I read the instructions and it is definitely not dishwasher safe, wash by hand, the describtion was misleading on this seller describtion, if you do use it by dishwasher it will be okay for the first wash but don't expect it to last for long.
on 28 January 2013
I would have thought, considering this is made by Pyrex that it would be good quality and durable, but I was mistaken.

I needed a new small roasting tin as my old one had lost its non stick and started to go rusty. After checking the many reviews on here I decided to go for this Pyrex Roasting Tin. Big mistake. I seasoned the pan as suggested on the label and used it for the first time for my Sunday roast. After it had cooled, I left the pan to soak in some warm water and then after a rinse noticed that the non stick had peeled away from one end of the pan and was laying in the bottom of my sink.

So now I have contacted the seller to return it for a full refund including postage and have to look again for another one.

Update to the above, 31/01/13.

After contacting the seller (JD Homewares), he immediately gave me a full refund without me having to send the pan back, so 5 stars for him. Then I emailed Pyrex and told them of the fault and they have now sent me a replacement which is wonderful. So I have now changed my rating to 5 stars as they both have excellent customer service skills and one very satisfied customer.

I'm sure this new pan will be fine, if not, then I'll be back to edit this again.
on 4 May 2009
This is the best baking dish I have yet purchased. The heat distribution is excellent. It cleans easily and well. The non-stick coating is resilient (I have banged mine on taps, scraped them accidentally on utensils and used them solidly over the past 3 months, yet there is not a single scratch and every surface remains shining clean).

The design of the rim allows a solid grip. Other baking trays often sport a flimsy or narrow lip that makes retrieving food from the oven a dicey affair. The Pyrex, on the other hand, offers a generous half-folded lip around the entire circumference of the dish. There is a textured area at either end to assist with grip and the depth of the dish (a good 3"), whilst benefiting its function, also provides a measure of safety should one's hand slip when shifting between oven and surface. Yet, despite the apparent awkwardness of the folded lip, it remains remarksbly easy to clean.
20 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 January 2018
Glad I waited to review this item. I loved it to start with, super size, handles etc. Within 4 uses the non stick is coming off in 3 places. I am not bothering to return as the other low star reviewers said it is a waste of time, so I will save the stress and put it down to poor research on my part. Dont bother to waste your money
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 March 2010
This is the best roasting tin I have owned, and believe me, I have owned a few. It's sturdy, does not bend as some of the cheaper models do, and has good deep grips to the side for those oven glove moments we all love to hate. It's big enough for a good sized roast, but to be honest I use it primarily for oven chips, roast potatoes and other items which live in the freezer.

As for the non stick properties - I am lazy and tend to use tinfoil to line it with for ease opf cleaning, but when I ran out of it, the pan was delightfully non stick and the food just slid out!

All in all a very very good purchase and much nicer than the cheaper ones on the market.
12 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2016
Unfortunately these trays were defective. I had to send replacement and number of times because the coating came off after a couple of washes in the dishwasher. The coating began to bubble as if moisture was getting underneath the nonstick coating. Customer services were very helpful and replaced these anumber of times, but I eventually had to send them back for a full refund.
3 people found this helpful
on 8 June 2016
Absolute rubbish. Have had my baking tray 4 months and the non stick surface is coming off already. I have written to Pyrex customer service department 3 times and have not had a response. The product has a 5 year guarantee and that is not worth the paper it is written on if they do not respond to complaints! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
4 people found this helpful