Customer reviews

on 13 November 2007
My DS has had a fair bit of use over the past 6 months and its really enjoying tackling the Millionaire game. I play this on the journey to work in the morning and I have only been asked the same question once so theres a fair bit of content on there. Ive yet to win the million but very close a couple of times, and managed to pick up a sack full of trivia along the way. The video is a nice touch and it feels much more immersive than the versions I have bought previously. Highly recommended.
on 15 February 2008
The best way to compare any game of this sort is to put it against any previous versions on other formats. I only have the original Sony PS1 version to put it against and while it improves on some of the glitches that version had, some eight, nine years on still come right back. Firstly I agree that questions do repeat themselves but not quite as much as some past reviewers suggested. During its first weekend this game was played by all the family and only one or two questions were repeated (Maybe we were lucky). The most obvious difference in this version is that you see and hear Chris Tarrant in live motion, and given the fact that its a DS Lite its done pretty well. The PS1 version just gave you a shot of an empty studio. Another good touch is the "Ask a friend" lifeline. You have four people to choose from, with their ages and hobbies listed so you can make a choice of who you want to use. (You always go for the old man!).
The whole game is based on the original concept of the show (five easy questions to get to £1000 and breaks at £32,000 and £125,000), it was released just before the programme remixed it.
One negative I have is that although you can play a 2 player game, you can't connect two DS's together and there is no high score table so there is absolutely no reason to use the "Walk Away" option, not even to boast that you have your name on the scoreboard!
I bought this game on a BOGOF offer with Madagascar, with Millionaire intended for my wife and myself, with the other game for the kids. But they have liked Millionaire a lot more and have wanted to play it as much as the intended older players. So don't assume that kids of less than ten will not enjoy it, in fact mine have learnt a thing or two from it!
on 2 January 2008
The first few times you play this, it is great and fun because it mimics the game show. However after lots more playing it becomes a bind. The music gets irritating, Chris Tarrant repeating the same phrases and the long intro routine of pressing options spoils the fun of answering questions. It would be great to be able to alter some of the functions so you can just get on - but you can't. Also after playing many times, questions get repeated so it makes you wonder if the question bank is adequate. I guess it's fun if you play it occasionally but if you want something more challenging play Scrabble DS - it's much more addictive.
on 26 January 2008
I normally love this game, however they have made a slip up with the Nintendo DS version. Although the format, workings of the game and graphics are good, the same questions appear time and time again which means playing the game is very little challenge. I've only had my game a week and by the third go I was already seeing repeats. What a shame, if this problem had been rectified before release, I would have given it top marks!
on 1 January 2008
I purchased this game based on the first review placed here but was sadly disappointed, the game is repetative and did not come up to expectations, the questions are repeated endlessly and the game lacks simple touches such as recording your highest score or signing in as a player. The game will keep you entertained for a short while but will not stay the distance...
on 30 December 2007
I got this game for Christmas and the whole family has enjoyed it. Not one of us has got to a million yet and its quite addictive!
My only complaint is that the questions keep repeating themselves and this happened quite quickly when we started to play the game! But as yet this hasn't helped us finish the game so its not too bad!
on 13 November 2007
I like everything about this game, just wish I was able to get it sooner. It is very entertaining, so much so, I can't put it down! The questions always seem to be ones I have not heard of before, which is challenging, but educational at the same time! Not sure I will ever get to the million but, it's great fun to play.
This is a good and faithfull Video game representation of the TV show. It really does give a sense of actually being in the TV show. The graphics are not the greatest ever but they are more than good enough for this type of game. And the voice over and catchphrases by chris Tarrent etc help to give the game a convincing atmosphere.
All of the expected features of the programme are here and there are plenty of questions to keep the interest going. Its a good way to increase your general knowledge and even if a question comes up more than once it is still good to see if you remember the answer.
Generally this is an excellent platform game. And if you are a fan of general knowledge or the TV show, you will love this.
on 22 January 2008
This game simply does not have enough depth to it. It is what it is. Just like on TV with 50/50, "phone a frend" and "ask the audience" but its quickly boring. Some of the questions are quite difficult and I dont consider myself to be a stupid person!!

Unfortunately - as I say in the title, it just doesnt have enough depth. Its not like other games where as you can unlock difficult things or get higher on levels. You cant even record a high score (obviously because theyres only 15 different amounts/scores you can reach in the game)

Not worth the money in my opinion. Might be worth picking up if its second hand!!

P.s. Questions already repeated themselves after a about 6 or 7 games.
on 11 December 2007
I have the who wants to be a millionaire game on PS2 and DVD and it's great, however, the Nintendo DS version is poor. The same questions come up over and over again every time it is played. I honestly wish I hadn't wasted my money.