on 12 April 2016
I have had an original Pure One DAB radio for several years now. I originally purchased the C6X rechargeable battery pack for it, but over the years this has lost the ability to hold a charge. I couldn't find any direct replacement and the C6L which replaced it, seemed to need a 12v charger, rather than the 9V supplied with the old radio. But after doing some Googling I discovered that the old style 9V charger has a variable output of up to 15v depending on the load so it can be used with the C6L! This isn't clear on the Pure website.
Anyhow, I ordered one of these and it works fine.
on 12 September 2015
I brought this pack for my pure one radio that seemed to be eating batteries.( 6 C batteries every 2hours) this replaces the batteries. One charge of this battery pack lasts for about 10 hours so although the battery pack was expensive it quickly proved to be a lot more cost effective than buying batteries. So I would say bite the bullet and invest in this battery pack.
on 25 January 2015
Does just what it says on the tin its a battery and its rechargeable. It is a bit fiddly to get the plug in but other than that its ok.
The only problem with the battery is if the mains power fails it does not take over, but if you unplug the mains charger it then is switched in and the radio etc works I was assumed it was battery backup when the power failed as I was going to use it in the bedroom as both a radio and an alarm clock. I will give it a try by switching off the mains power for ten minutes and then turning the power back on to see if it forgets its alarm setting. But it is a good battery power if you want to be outside but will have to wait for warmer weather to try it.
on 17 August 2015
My Pure radio is unbelievable - the quality of the sound, the ease of use and the low running cost - no need for packs of Duracell - the meter tells me when the batteries are running out and the ChargePak E1can be easily charged in situ and even after three years retains its charge well and gives me almost 30 hours listening.
on 28 October 2016
An indispensable add-on to your Pure Digital radio. I have one of these for 5(!) years and it still gives me a full week of broadcasting which is quite impressive. The price is not cheap but if you think a little about how many packs of AA batteries you would have to buy during these 5 years... it is VERY cheap after all. A must-have if you want long and lasting battery life for you Pure digital radio. Highly recommended.
on 4 February 2016
expensive but certainly worth the money.
After paying the money for a 'Pure' product it probably best to buy this branded battery pack than search for cheaper unbranded ones.
the battery lasts a very long time and charges quickly enough.
I would say it's essential to get one if you have the Pure DAB radio to allow fuss free portability.
Just make sure you buy the correct battery pack for your product as there are different versions
on 15 September 2017
Extremely fiddly to position in my radio. (Pure Evoke 1S) and needs a lot of force to get in. I suspect because the product is poorly engineered and quality control maybe a bit flaky I may be just unlucky. This is my 2nd battery and I remember having some problems with the first one, but not as bad as this. I have given up after an hour with electrical pliers and screwdriver unsuccessfully. Now considering my options, the packaging is destroyed, it is the right product and once it is installed, it maybe ok but it is unusable and if Amazon won't allow return I will end up binning it. £30 mistake and I will only be ordering risk free low cost products in future.
on 19 May 2015
As soon as the battery pack arrived I charged it up and fitted it into my radio which was quite easy. I only put the radio on for 5 to 10 minutes a day but after three days the battery needed to be charged again, the battery does not last very long. Also when the battery is fitted and you have the radio connected to the mains via the plug, the sound quality is very poor, you get some sort of interference. I have to leave it plugged into the mains as the battery does not last very long on a full charge as I have to use the radio as my alarm to wake me up in the morning.
on 17 June 2014
I've been listening to my DAB radio most days for about a week, as I work at my desk at home. Today I wanted to carry it into another room with me and went to unplug it first, only to find it isn't plugged in and I've obviously been running on just battery power all this time! It's still going now an the battery level indicator is still showing two out of six bars, so I'm very impressed with that.

I'll try to time how long it takes to charge and discharge and update this review at a later date.

The battery remains very cool to the touch when in use. Great quality item overall.
on 21 May 2017
Bought as battery for my dad's new pure dab radio (advertised as "buy all together") only to find it doesn't fit!! Completey wrong shape and size so have had to return. I'm sure it's great but just check what it's compatible with first!! Bit annoyed at Amazon for wrong advertising!!