on 12 April 2016
I have had an original Pure One DAB radio for several years now. I originally purchased the C6X rechargeable battery pack for it, but over the years this has lost the ability to hold a charge. I couldn't find any direct replacement and the C6L which replaced it, seemed to need a 12v charger, rather than the 9V supplied with the old radio. But after doing some Googling I discovered that the old style 9V charger has a variable output of up to 15v depending on the load so it can be used with the C6L! This isn't clear on the Pure website.
Anyhow, I ordered one of these and it works fine.
on 24 May 2016
It's a battery that is rechargeable. It provides voltage and it powers the Pure Sensia 200D that I bought it for. It is working fine with no problems that I know of. So I like it for that reason.
I will add though that given the "propensity" for companies to ask you to rate their products before they have even got through the letterbox is all good and well, but it leaves me in the position where I can't give a long term opinion based on the use of it over time. It maight fail in a week or maybe in six months, so for that reason it only gets 4 stars.
This short review is for the F1 version used on the Pure Evoke F4.

The beauty of these radios is that they are portable, and the Chargepak is as good as Sanyo eneloop batteries!! The batterypack lasts for 15 - 20 hours of continuous use before it dies.

A Li-ion 3.7volts 8800mAh battery, as this chargepack is would easily cost twice as much at least!

I have bought a couple of these batteries for when we go camping in summer.

As I mentioned in the title, the chargepak is a must have. After all it is the only option available if you want to go portable ... otherwise you'll be stuck to a wall-wart.

Highly recommended.
on 12 September 2015
I brought this pack for my pure one radio that seemed to be eating batteries.( 6 C batteries every 2hours) this replaces the batteries. One charge of this battery pack lasts for about 10 hours so although the battery pack was expensive it quickly proved to be a lot more cost effective than buying batteries. So I would say bite the bullet and invest in this battery pack.
on 25 January 2015
Does just what it says on the tin its a battery and its rechargeable. It is a bit fiddly to get the plug in but other than that its ok.
The only problem with the battery is if the mains power fails it does not take over, but if you unplug the mains charger it then is switched in and the radio etc works I was assumed it was battery backup when the power failed as I was going to use it in the bedroom as both a radio and an alarm clock. I will give it a try by switching off the mains power for ten minutes and then turning the power back on to see if it forgets its alarm setting. But it is a good battery power if you want to be outside but will have to wait for warmer weather to try it.
on 24 March 2014
Makes a great radio truly portable and provides mains back up. I bought this because I live in a rural area and we get the occasional power cut, so there is the possibility of not being woken up, late for work or missing that flight...However, with the ChargePAK, at least I know the clock will tell the right time in the morning! The instructions do seem to indicate that the alarm will not go off if on battery power alone, as this is a function of the radio; it is not really related to the battery. If you want a full battery back up for the alarm function, it may not do what you want, but to make you radio truly portable, it's great and no more batteries to replace.
on 17 August 2015
My Pure radio is unbelievable - the quality of the sound, the ease of use and the low running cost - no need for packs of Duracell - the meter tells me when the batteries are running out and the ChargePak E1can be easily charged in situ and even after three years retains its charge well and gives me almost 30 hours listening.
on 28 October 2016
An indispensable add-on to your Pure Digital radio. I have one of these for 5(!) years and it still gives me a full week of broadcasting which is quite impressive. The price is not cheap but if you think a little about how many packs of AA batteries you would have to buy during these 5 years... it is VERY cheap after all. A must-have if you want long and lasting battery life for you Pure digital radio. Highly recommended.
on 29 June 2014
Works fine and I get a longish run time with my Pure Elan 2 as other reviewers have said.

I love my DAB radio because of the extra channels available and I listen to it a lot BUT I question how we got from excellent analogue FM tuners with good bandwidth and Hi Fidelity and the option of small and light battery operated FM portables which lasted ages on one set of batteries to DAB which, simply, does not sound as good as FM ( because of bandwdth and limited geographical reception ) and has power hungry processors that mean 'portable' sets resemble bricks.
on 4 February 2016
expensive but certainly worth the money.
After paying the money for a 'Pure' product it probably best to buy this branded battery pack than search for cheaper unbranded ones.
the battery lasts a very long time and charges quickly enough.
I would say it's essential to get one if you have the Pure DAB radio to allow fuss free portability.
Just make sure you buy the correct battery pack for your product as there are different versions