Customer reviews

Heima [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Format: DVD|Change

on 13 December 2007
went to see film as used to live in Iceland - and not for the music. Took m8 who was not sure. Cinema was packed out (we'd expected only a few folk to want to go and see a film about an Icelandic band in Iceland) . But we and everyone else were stunned by it -and at the end the whole audience applauded, which I'd never heard done before in a cinema. It is stunningly beautiful and the music was gob smacking. As soon as I got home I ordered it right away. It is impossible to describe; - it is beautiful - hauntingly beautiful, lyrical, and that feeling you get when music really touches us all to our depths - not your "dial a hit" we are so used to being forced on us now a days - this is real music and poetic beauty merged with poetic stunningly beautiful filming that the film and the music merge; not enough words to explain it. Now I want to get every album Sigur Ros has made!

Mjög skemmtilegur og fallegur!!!

Simply brilliant - you have to get and watch!!

Oh, and could see where I used to live in Reykjavìk - just out of shot to right!!!
on 8 April 2008
I drove round Iceland a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. This film brought the memories flooding back. Stunning photography, beautiful sounds and a mood you have to experience. Highly highly recommended
on 31 May 2009
The Icelandic Tourist Board should send this out as a sure fire way to boost their visitors. Heima is a beautiful peep at parts of Iceland that seem to add context to Sigur Ros' amazing music and performances.

If it hadn't worked it could have come across as ego-driven and navel-gazing. But it does work. It works incredibly well. The live performances happen at glaciers and in tiny halls and some of the photography is mind-blowing.

If you don't "get" Sigur Ros then get this!!
on 27 February 2010
I absolutely love this DVD. The music, the landscape and the interviews are blended beautifully together. Having been to Iceland twice I now find the place and the music of Sigur Ros inseparable. I would have liked the map locations to be clearer on the DVD.
I've never seen so many wooly jumpers in one place.
I want to go back - and have a guided tour with Sigur Ros.
on 23 June 2010
Not because it's so bad; but cry because you are so moved by this awesome film. The people, the landscape and, most importantly, the music. SUBLIME.
on 26 September 2010
After watching this documentary you 'll crave to visit Iceland. The landscapes are gorgeous and the music by Sigur Ros is simply stunning!