on 6 January 2014
Please be aware that some of these tins may be defective - I ordered one of the 450g and one 900g tins; On their first use I had no problems with the 450g tin but with the 900g tin the non-stick material came off and onto my loaf rendering the tin unusable and the load inedible (at least the sides and bottom). This is rather odd when both were used at the same time under the same conditions in the same oven. The seller does not feel responsible, blames me for misuse, and will not replace or refund. I hope amazon can mediate this dispute. In the mean time, I definitely recommend buying from another seller.
UPDATE - amazon was kind enough to address the issue and refunded me duly.
on 24 April 2013
Stating that it's 2 lb, one would expect something much larger.
I got the two I ordered today and I just poured a cake mix weighing 450 gr (1lb) into one of them, and there's hardly any room for the cake to expand. I checked the inner volume of the other one by pouring water into it, and it holds 1.1 litre if you fill it up to the rim. The cake mix pack says I should use a 1.5 litre loaf pan, so I just hope the cake won't expand too much before it has solidified... As for workmanship, it seems okay.
I just checked the measurements of the more expensive Mermaid 2 lb 900 G Hard Anodised Loaf Tin: 299 x 132 x 86 mm. That's probably the right size for a 2 lb tin. This one has the external dimensions 257 X 127 X 67 mm, which makes it more in line with the Mermaid 1 lb loaf tin (inner dimensions 248 x 108 x 55 mm).
PS: the cake didn't expand too much, so I had no accident in the oven...
on 22 March 2010
the coating is not even,looks like wrinkled skin. Not good quality, i think you get what you paid for.
on 5 July 2012
Beter than those stupid silicon ones, they just collapsed when contents rose or expanded.
Makes really good cakes and bread turns out superb
on 9 October 2012
My hesitation in buying this loaf pan was not well founded. Initially concerned that at this price (including postage) would it really be non stick!. Decided to chance it as it was so cheap. Proof of the pudding and all that - it has now proved to produce equal quality cakes to my old one that cost 3 times as much and can only assume it will continue to do so.
on 25 October 2015
I purchased this after reading all the positive reviews and I am very disappointed with it. I have used it to make rye bread - I used butter to grease the tin, not ever scratched it with anything and always washed it right away and taken good care of it, however after baking bread twice the coating has started coming off, leaving streaks of silver coating on the bottom of my bread. Be careful when buying this product if you do not wish to consume the coating of the tin. It has also started to rust, although I have left it to soak for only an hour and always washed and dried it afterwards. Not good quality at all.
on 20 November 2015
Item Received was not made by the Paton Calvert Brand at all, it was made by a company called Prima, so they are fakes, cheap, thin metal and nasty, scratched, and 'Paint' (you couldn't call it non stick), peeling off after first clean, could have bought better from Pound shop. I was particularly disappointed as we have Prime and this was fulfilled by Amazon.

....oh and as for the 2 years Manufacturer Guarantee, well that's all irrelevant isn't it as the Prima Brand Unit sent says nothing whatsoever about any warranty.
on 8 February 2016
Listed as 2LB but actually a 1LB pan
Quite disappointed as I bought both a 1 and 2LB tin and both turned out the same size... quite ridiculous.
Check well before buying!
Quality is okish... varnish started to come off from the bottom even though I use only plastic/wooden tools with it
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2010
this is a nice tin but definatly dosen't look like a 2lb tin if this is a 2lb tin god knows how much smaller the 1lb is its not as deep as it looks or as long see when you buy it its well made thats all i can say
on 17 January 2015
I think the problem is the lack of a standard way of describing loaf tins. I regularly buy a Farmhouse loaf from my baker. I weighed it today and it was 30 oz (less than 2LBs). You couldn't squeeze it into the tin provided even if you used a vice. I reckon, allowing for the loaf to rise above the sides, one might be able to claim it is a 1LB tin, 20 ozs max. I'll use it for something, but not as a loaf tin.

See one answered question