on 30 September 2017
My daughter is addicted and is reading the whole series
on 19 September 2017
I highly recommend this book! I loved it I basically fell in love with it!It's to good!!!!!:D:):):);););); )read it!!!NOW when you open the book up it like your in a new world!I dont like it I adored it!:D
on 21 August 2017
loved the series
on 12 June 2017
Purchased as a pressie
on 24 February 2017
It is an amazing and tense story. I love the fact that these books almost always leave you on a cliff hanger. 🐈🐈🐈
on 11 June 2017
Because it was good and my friends got me into this so I read the book and it was really good!
on 9 March 2017
I don't normally write reviews, but if it hadn't been for the positive reviews I had read here, I may not have bought this book, and so I hope this may inspire other frustrated mothers, desperate to encourage their sons to read.
My son is a typical 10 year old, not particularly interested in reading- the only books he would tolerate were the simple 'world of norm' type or reference books ( with lots of pictures and little text). I had tried so many books, David Williams, Harry Potter,etc, all read under duress, and as minimal pages as possible.
At Christmas I read the reviews of these books and bought this set for him. My enthusiastic 'these are meant to be amazing' on Christmas Day was met with raised eyebrows, and they were put on his book shelf to gather dust.
After several weeks of 'encouragement' to 'try the Christmas books', finally a few weeks ago, he agreed to read a few pages at bedtime.
The next morning, my son came rushing into the kitchen...' Mum this book is amazing- I've read over half of it, I love it'. I couldn't believe it...
Ever since, he has literally devoured the first three books, willingly going to bed to read, and the other morning even reading before school. I have bought the next four, in the hope that it will continue. He raves about them,and his sisters are queuing up to read them too.
Thank you thank you Erin Hunter- your books are clearly fantastic...you are the first author to truly inspire him to read.
I would recommend these books whole heartedly.
on 19 May 2017
A review by Cherry in year 5.

This is the first book in the series. It's about a housecat named Rusty who has been asked to join Thunder Clan. He agrees to this, and the story is brought into the forest, wrenched around plot twists and brought into battle into clan war. And as the sinister Shadow Clan gets stronger every day, one cat must be the bravest of them all. I think that most characters will appeal to others because they all make mistakes, as we do in real life. Recommended to cat lovers, people who love adventure, people who like plot twists and surprises, and people who don't mind crying at the tradgic deaths and moments.
VINE VOICEon 26 February 2009
There are some books your read where you simply never forget your first experience of them: Harry Potter and Northern Lights spring to mind here. I've read plenty of great stuff since then, but it's been a long time since I felt so pulled in to the world that it felt painful to pull myself out of it again.
Erin Hunter's debut novel of this series reminded what that felt like all over again. The world of the clan cats isn't as sprawling or complex as the universes of Harry Potter or Lyra's alternate world, but there's such a charm, a real sense of atmosphere, and such a grounded setting, that you can't helped but be sucked in to Firepaw's adventures, and in practically one sitting I lapped it up (sorry). it's like you're there with Firepaw all the time, and you too are being accepted into clan life.
It's got it's flaws: there are a lot of characters, and it can get a bit confusing at times (I must add, however, that this feeling lessens throughout the series as you learn properly about each character). And, as exciting as this new world can be, a fair bit of time is often lent to the day-to-day actions of working for the clan: hunting, building the den, etc. it can get tedious now and then but, I suppose, it just adds to the realism.
But, if anything, these flaws only add to the overall character of the book. I can't recommend this highly enough; I've already picked up book 2!
on 30 July 2012
This book is amazing! Highly recommended for animal and cat lovers of all ages! When i first got the book, i couldnt put it down, it was sooooooo good! It is not babyish in any way, and the writers who nicknamed them selves Erin Hunter arw amazing also! They have written 4 series, as well as lots of other books, whether about certain cat like Bluestar's Prophecy, or info mation like Codebof the Clans. I strongly reccomend this book, and hopw it brings you as much joy as it has me!
P.S: if you love the warrior ctas, then try this new blogging site:[...]
It is a new site, and will be a bit slow to start with, but once it gains memebers, it will get better. =)