on 29 August 2017
This is the fourth or fifth pair of these boots I’ve had and every pair have been perfect, very comfortable, I wear them most days loosely but when I am walking I tighten them up and I am good to go. When traveling I normally walk 10 -15 miles a day and have walked more than twenty miles in one day wearing these. very comfortable, warm in the cold but still good in the heat. My next pair will be another exactly the same.
3 people found this helpful
on 6 June 2018
These shoes are awesome, i would recommend them to literally anyone(there is a womans version available). I was skeptical about buying walking shoes off of the internet but these are lightweight, breathable, completely waterproof and very durable. They also fit like a cloud. I've had them for over two years and have been on numerous adventures and expeditions with these. Great boot, would buy again if mine conked out.
on 15 November 2016
Great boots, have been worn regularly to walk the dog. They manage to keep my feet dry under normal Scottish weather conditions but if walking through long, very wet grass then wtaer does eventually penetrate - though the only footwear I have found that doesn't is wellies so they are good.
Very comfortable and decent grip. I would buy again, though hopefully they will last a while so I won't need to any time soon.
on 4 January 2014
These were my second choice Timberland walking boots, I first purchased these http://rlu.ru/IFi but the inner heel support was faulty. I hated giving them back because they were the most comfortable footwear I'd ever owned.
So these were my replacements and so far I'm quite pleased with them. They are comfortable and keep water at bay. They also look better now that they are worn in a bit, out of the box they are not quite as good looking as my previous purchase (see above).
If these were to let me down I would probably give the first pair another chance, they were just that bit more comfortable and far better looking.
on 7 October 2015
I bought these in April 2014. Since then, I've used them to take the dog out every day for at least 40 minutes. Most of the route is paving or concrete which produces more wear and tear than grassy fields. After about 1 year and 3 months, the sole was worn down and through in places. Finally, they're fine in wet weather but if you're walking through wet grass or puddles, they are not water proof so you may end up with squelchy socks and boots.

Oh, and just one more thing - worth checking the Amazon price history of these boots as they have fluctuated considerably over the past 18 months. Link: http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Timberland-Chocura-Goretex-Membrane-Hiking/product/B000VX1BYK
on 6 September 2014
Had a few pairs of Timberland boots and really impressed with all of them, they are extremely well made, very strong and compared to other boots real value for money. Used these boots half dozen times so far and my feet have always stayed nice and dry. I'd highly recommend these boots to anyone who enjoys walking.

Only thing to watch out for is the size, I am a size 8 in ALL my footwear but when these arrived they were a slight tight fitting. I took the gamble of keeping a size 8 and after a couple of times wearing them they soon felt a lot better and am glad I decided not to change them to a size 8.5

Can't go wrong with Timberland boots they'll last longer than any of these 'trendy' hiking boots.
on 6 August 2014
I have bought this particular Timberland boot for several years now and always paid over £110 in the Official Timberland store. They are NEVER reduced.
I was delighted to accidently come across them on Amazon at just over £50 a pair, can't believe my luck.
Shame I didn't look on Amazon a few weeks ago because I had just paid full price in the Timberland store.

I've still gone ahead and bought 3 pairs from Amazon and would have bought more but they are a limited purchase item - 3 is the maximum you are allowed to buy.

These boots have excellent grip, are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned and last a long time. The inner Gortex lining mean your feet stay dry all day

Great boot and a great price.

Well done Amazon.
on 21 October 2017
About every three years I buy another pair of Timberland boots. They are so comfortable and not at all heavy. I seem to wear them constantly. Don't expect them to stay waterproof for more than about a year though and the soles wear too quickly really. That's a shame, it's the soles wearing that means they need replacing.Oh, and if you go on the Timberland website they then bombard you with pop up ads for evermore. I'm a 9.5 really, but their UK10 fits me better.
on 20 September 2016
Great boots these are the second pair!! the last pair lasted 2 years, mind you they are a bit tatty but still great. Good solid boots if anything the laces go well before the boots, they are waterproof and comfortable to wear, probably the best boots I have bought and I have bought a few.
on 28 August 2014
I only received these today, so I have not yet tried them in the field. For £45.24 incl postage, they are outstanding value - so I ordered two more pairs! They are well-made and fit well. They have sound metal loops for the laces and flexible and grippy soles (which may not last so long over rough hard terrain). The quality is as good as my Berghaus GTX Explorer which are currently selling at twice this price (but which lost their waterproofing after 18 months).