on 12 March 2008
I bought a load of these for use at my school. They are perfect for children to use(or teachers who are not confident with more expensive cameras); they're simple to operate and results can be shown immediately in MS Media Player via a USB connection. The only drawback is that they record in motion Jpeg which means that they need converting if you want to use the clips in MS Movie maker - however free software can be downloaded from the internet which can convert the files quickly and easily; then children's creative side can be truly explored. I would recommend rechargeable batteries because they get through a couple of AA batteries each hour of use.

The latest moviemaker now supports mjpegs so no conversion necessary
1414 Comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2008
My Busbi video camera cost £24.99.

In the packaging came:
The camera
A mini cd (arcsoft video impression 2 editing software)
A USB Cable
2 X AA Batteries
1GB (no brand) SD Card, already in the slot.
Lanyard

The camera is just a little longer than a packet of cigarettes. It's *very* easy to use. The case is made of relatively cheap feeling white plastic. The "Silver" parts of the case are stickers that are adequate (after removing the protective plastic). It feels quite heavy for it's size with the batteries installed. The videos are taken while holding the device in portrait orientation (giving a regular landscape video). It's a bit awkward to hold. There is no lens cap and it's dusty already after one day.

When switching on and off it bleeps loudly. I can't see a facility to step through the recorded videos. you can just replay or delete the last one.

The display is adequate out of strong sunlight, but can be a bit laggy/blurry when the camera is panned. It's ability to adjut to changing light is slowish but adequate.

The SD card slot cover is a poor, loose flap of rubbery plastic. The slot is spring loaded.

There is no tripod or other mount holes.

The video quality is not brilliant, much like from a webcam. The sound quality is poor, with more hissing then I would have expected, and the audio quality is telephone-like.

So would I buy it again? Sure, it's worth £25, but don't expect it to look and feel like a £100 gadget, because it doesn't.

I'd probably have give it 3.5 stars if that was an option.

Children seem to like it.
11 Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2008
I bought one of these for my daughter (aged 6) and for my mother. Before I had the chance to tell my daughter how to use it she was filming away and really enjoying it. My mother too has found it easier than any other camera she has had in recent years. She received it on Christmas morning and it has hardly left her wrist since! She can video the dogs and grandchildren and, just as importantly, down load the clips to her laptop all by herself. The quality is more than adequate for what she wants to do - keep a record for herself of fun times with the children, dogs, visitors. I could not rate this product too highly. For the technically challenged it is everything you could as for. It does just what it says on the packet!
on 18 September 2008
Great value for money, robust, easy to use. My children love the fast results and ease of use. PC treats it like a memory stick so once connected with USB, just drag and drop files to computer. TV out is useful too. Good for web-type films, eg youtube clips.

Have now bought class sets for school and am using them to record sports techniques, science experiments, interviews for English and lots more. The kids love them.

Not a sophisticated product, but does exactly what it says on the tin, with ease.
on 22 August 2008
I bought this for my daughter's 8th birthday, it is easy to use and for the price is excellent value, it really is unpack and use. The movie we created was of a far higher quality than I expected for £27 with clear images and adequate sound quality.
As it is basic with no zoom I wouldn't recommend it for special occassions but for a child to create their own films or filming a day at the beach I think it's perfect.
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2009
To start off let me first say this......this is a BUDGET camera! If you want HD perfection and sound that could put DTS to shame then buy one of the more expensive ones.
If you want a little camera for you children to experiment with, or for sending little messages to people over the internet, then this camera should suffice.

Video quality, as mentioned by many, is adequate but not outstanding. It can be blurry if the light is bad, and if you move it around too much you can't see anything.
You can pan......slowly. I took a nice video of Plymouth waterfront before Christmas and it came out very well.

Sound....is rather disappointing but like I said - BUDGET CAMERA!
It hisses quite a bit depending on location and background noise. I also noticed on mine a repetitive beep noise throughout the video. It was there, but hardly distracting.

You can playback the last video on the camera, or delete the last video on the camera. That's about as much as you can do in terms of file management. But once hooked to your computer its easy as pie.

Installation of the MiniCD was easy with no errors, and comes with a basic video editing software. I found Windows Movie Maker to be much more useful, but each to their own.

Overall a nice little camera that is great for people who aren't trying to be professional High Definition film makers. Don't expect perfection.....perfect your expectations.
on 9 June 2009
This little camera is great, I have put it my pocket and not worried, it is quite sturdy,then it was on hand for all the little recordings when out with the grandchildren. They love to use it too. Now I have memories of days out that I can share . It's unobtrusive in use and so easy,just point and shoot,as it says.
I wish someone had one of these when I was a child so I could see what I was like.
This is also great to have in the car. If you have an accident it's easy to record events and damage at the scene for the insurers.At this price you could have 2!
on 11 November 2008
I purchased this item as I needed a cheap Camcorder that would record an hours teaching. When I got it home, I found that it was battery operated. The batteries supplied lasted under 5 mins. I replaced these and it lasted nearly 10 mins but the screen kept on phasing, and there were lines across it all the time.
I knew the product was cheap, but it appears to have been put together by a toddler, the whole thing was really messy and the microphone did not pick up any sound at all. I returned this product to the retailer, as not fit for purpose - do not buy this unless it is for a toddler to play with.
on 2 September 2008
its dreadful- useless manual and its impossible to watch the recording - if you can find it on your computer vwery iffy install(mini)CD gives errors through out- camera has no speaker

all in all cheap and light but save your money , you will be well disappointed