Size: Small (1-3 yrs)|Change

on 18 February 2003
My 2 year old daughter has loved this wheely bug ever since she got it when she was first walking. At first she didn't want to ride it - instead she pushed it around everywhere! But she soon got the knack and loves zooming around - it goes particularly well on wooden floors. The wheels are rather like those on office chairs which helps with the steering. A gorgeous, eye-catching toy!
on 29 January 2009
Was initially in a dilema as to which size to buy as I like things to last and baby is currently 1yr. Plumped for the small and it is brilliant. She loves pushing it around - it is light and really free flowing with the casters. She loves to ride on it, though currently needs a push as legs not long enough to push herself.
Bought this as it was recommended by a freind as a great gift their kids enjoyed. I can see this lasting another 18 to 24 months easily.
on 17 October 2013
I was unsure about getting the small or large wheelybug for my daughters first birthday. but opted for the large because i wanted it to last as long as possible. I think I made the right choice because my daughter can sit on it comfortably & she will soon be able to push it on her own.
on 1 January 2014
I've bought this as a gift for my baby's first birthday which is in June, so she hasn't used it yet. However, it's lovely and good quality. After deliberating for AGES, I got the large and am pleased with that choice - I saw the small in a shop and it's tiny, the large will last for a long time (my baby is small). I can see many hours of fun ahead with this!
VINE VOICEon 26 November 2011
Our daughter loves this. It has been a lot of fun for quite a few months. The Wheelybug Ladybird Ride-on is a stable and sturdy rideable that has been a source of entertainment over a couple of different growing phases. It is an attractive red colour and the manufacturing seems solid enough for a baby to use without too much worry. The steering (wheel direction) is a little wobbly at times when at high speed but it goes in the right direction and the wheels align well. The added prongs at the front haven't had too much playtime for us but this has been an excellent product.

The first phase of use in our household was with daddy pushing baby around. It is a great experience for both. A bit of caution is needed when taking corners at high speed but it is a great way to explore together and to have a good time. Unfortunately our baby had such a good time that she was asking to be pushed around every day.

The next phase was with the baby dragging the Wheelybug around while crawling. It is a bit awkward in that position but that didn't stop the baby wanting to drag Wheelybug around often. It became even more enjoyable when teddy bear passengers joined the journey. Teddy bear passengers and a baby are a good team when being pushed as well.

The final phase of use has been the baby clambering aboard herself and then whizzing around. There is a slight risk of accident but hearing her giggle as she hares around a corner and sees someone is a real joy.

The Wheelybug is one of several similar products in the Ride-on collection. It is hard to see what the difference between them really is but Wheelybug has been a great addition to our household and has seen regular use from about 9 months to 18 months so far.
on 5 February 2009
My one year-old little girl loves her wheelie bug and asks to go on it often. It is great fun and also develops her balance ready for later skills like cycling. An excellent buy!
on 10 March 2016
Lovely product and fantastic quality. Bought for our daughters first birthday, initially she was a little small but could enjoy being pushed around on it, now at 14 months she can work it herself and even climb on and off, all with big grins! Pleased we bought the smaller size as otherwise she wouldn't have been able to touch the floor to push it for a while yet and she's an average 50th centile height. Takes up next to no room and looks great left out anyway. Would definitely recommend.
on 29 January 2009
We bought this for our youngest but the eldest loves it. I though they were expensive but now I know why. They are made beautifully and provide hours of fun. My kids use it on the wooden floors and it is hilarious. The castors are great and it really does go in every direction, often too fast! We also have the large Cow but both kids prefer the little one as it is faster. They are a bit dull on carpet and I wouldn't use it outside but if you have hard floors it's a great investment.
on 5 March 2015
This was bought as Grandsons first Christmas present, and although he can't quiet work out how to propel himself along, he loves being pushed around! He is quiet happy to walk and push it in reverse using the handle, but once he's mastered steering it himself, I can see him having great fun! It is very sturdy, yet also very manoevrable.
on 8 March 2016
We pondered whether to buy the small or large but after purchasing the small one we are glad we did. At 6 months old our grandson is not quite big enough and he'snot a small 6 month old either. It's big enough for him to grow into and then maneuver successfully. I don't think he would get quite the same use out of the larger one as by the time he'd grown into it he'd probably be big enough to move onto a bicycle etc
We have both hard and carpeted floors and can say that it goes fine on both surfaces, obviously turbocharged on the hard floors!!!