Customer reviews

#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 20 March 2014
I purchased this as a multi use case...for a day trip camera (ie take one body and lens plus put a few other items cards batteries etc)
Also for carrying a spare body with me when I needed to (in combination with my expedition back pack)

It's a very nicely made case, with deep dense foam cushioning, with enough space to fit a mid size DSLR and lens.
It will fit a D7000/D7100, 60/70d, A57/65/77 or other similar sized bodies (650d too) and smaller bodies - without a grip
You also have enough room for a 17-50mm f2.8 or 17-70mm lens, I can also fit my A57 and 18-135mm lens in this case too (and the Canon 18-135mm fits too) Also worth a look for owners of larger bridge model cameras like the Fuji XS-1, HS-50

It will attach to a belt with a double loop on the back or the Tamrac MAS belt. You can fit 2 extra Tamrac Strap Accessory System (SAS) items to the shoulder strap (like the filter pack, extra battery/card SAS, or other compatible items.

Plenty of space for lens cloths, extra batteries or even a small compact flash on the side pockets.
The main compartment not only has the buckle to close the top, but is also zipped so there is no fear or anything falling out by accident.

The internal padding is of high quality and is a wedge shape to hold the lens in the bottom part securely (I'd leave the hood off myself) There are certainly cheaper options, but this is a very high quality case that has multiple uses. For a bit extra cost you have some very good protection for your camera and lens. If you're using a smaller body like the D3200 or EOS 100d plus 18-55mm kit lens a smaller case might be a better bet. This is ideal for mid sized bodies and a decent non kit lens attached (just over 4 " lens will fit fine)

Backed up with a 5 year warranty this is an essential purchase for many users.
on 20 August 2014
Right, chances are - if you're reading the reviews for this item - you already know that you want it, and you're just looking for an excuse to spend that little extra for a premium case but perhaps you're concerned about splashing out so much. Don't be. I recently treated myself to a new camera, and decided to treat myself to the best case I could find to go with it, and I'm very pleased with that decision.

Fantastic piece of kit, which I bought for my Fuji X-S1. Very good fit - quite snug and secure, but not strained. There's a bit of extra depth, which means that this camera can be stowed with its lens hood attached. My camera tends to have a tripod quick-release plate attached as well, and the case accommodates that, too, without complaint.

What I especially like is the extra storage afforded by the integrated pockets. I was definitely looking for a case which would carry the essential accessories [spare batts/mem cards, remote release, polarizer, lens brush & cloth, etc] along with the camera, in an all-in-one package I could just grab and go, and this does the job perfectly.

Quality item, and this is reflected in the price, but represents very good value for money when the high standard of manufacture and design is considered, along with the excellent protection it provides for one's valuable camera. I fully expect this case to give years of sterling service.

Solidly constructed, highly practical, highly recommended.
on 16 March 2016
This is a well made case, I have my fujifilm XS-1 in this and it fits with room to spare, nice and padded. This lost a star because the front clip is a pain to clip in, don't know why but you have to line it up perfectly for it to clip in. I find myself having to look at it to make sure its lined up, you cant do it by feel like i have always done before.
on 28 April 2014
Bought this for a lumix fz200. Big enough (just) to allow the lens hood to be left on.

Well made, feels robust and has pockets for cash, cards, batteries etc

Better than other lumix or lowe pro cases we tried
on 7 June 2013
Good bag with good level of padding. It can fit a camera in and reasonably long zoom lens such as my Pentax K-r with 55-300 lens no problem. Also a few handy storage pockets. Great bag if all you want is camera with single lens. However, I often take more than one lens now so this bag doesn't get much use anymore.
on 15 July 2008
I needed a case for a Sony A200 DSLR with an 18-70mm lens, the Tamrac is perfect and easily has enough room for the camera strap or even a slightly longer lens.
The build quality is really very good and well thought out with several good sized pockets, and the clip flap or zip top opening is both convenient and easy to use.
I've been very pleased with this case and thoroughly recommend it.
on 6 February 2012
Love it, I purchased this for my daughter's new camera. A great fit and well constructed. The delivery was extremely fast and the product is perfect for what is required.
on 24 February 2008
I use this case for my Nikon D80 with the kit lens (which is a mid-size digital SLR). It fits perfectly and gives all the protection one needs. Just put your camera in the holster and forget about it. There are also side and front pockets to hold spare cards, and also a spare battery. If you own a D80, this is an essential purchase.
on 17 July 2008
Bought this for my D40 absolutely great holster fits the D40 with an 18-55 lens comfortably, even room for the SB400 in one of the side pockets but a bit of a squeeze to fasten the zip easily.

See one answered question