Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 November 2008
Then this is one of the best. It's fun with a moral.

The movie rating says 12 or over, but my friends 10 year old thinks it's great, but judgement is best left to sensible adults.

Cassie (Emily Osment, Haley Joel "I see dead people" Osment's little sister) is the new girl at the school and is having a hard time fitting in. Especially after she becomes the target of Priscilla, the school beauty, who thinks she is trying to make a move on what she considers to be her date for the dance, Sean (Cody Linley).

In order to get revenge after she is embarrassed by Priscilla Cassie decides to play tricks on those who annoy her, inlcuding Priscilla - who in turn plots her own revenge on Cassie, with the apparently gullable Sean in tow.

As halloween approaches Cassie comes across a shop which deals with occult items and buys a book called "The Evil Thing", which contains a warning "Do not read out loud", unfortunately Cassie wants to frighten her little brother and reads it out loud, and the evil thing is released.

The subtitles available are: English, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.

The soundtrack is available in: English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.

It's a good film, very enjoyable for any adult sat with children, and only a little bit scary for the young.
on 20 July 2017
always quite decent stuff, the only drawback is that things get very same-y in the way each story is done, but other than that, decently budgeted and a fair watch.
on 18 July 2014
its Halloween and a new home ,big sister 13years old has to take little brother whos scared of anything you could strangle the little get,falls in love with a boy in her class and buys a book on evil,but it must not be read out loud,a great childrens dvd,hey im 50 on 21st july if I like it its good,recommend it
on 1 May 2017
still to watch but great del
on 7 February 2016
fab thanks
on 5 March 2017
Great
on 1 September 2009
This is a nice little film that you can sit and watch with younger children. Not at all scary to adults and probably not older children. May be a little scary for the very young but not terrifying. My neice and nephew (both under 10) were entranced by it and will probably insist on watching it again several times over.
on 6 April 2010
I wrote a review for Mostly Ghostly, not too long ago. Some of you may have already read it. If so, then like I said, I prefere this movie.

The first time I saw this, I was petrified at a sceane of a pizza man in a van. He thinks it's a costume as it's on Halloween night, but it's a monster named after a book, 'The Evil Thing'. Cassie Keller (Emily Osment) is moving to a new school, playing tricks on Prasilla Wright (Brittany Elizabeth Curran)a popular student voted as the pumpkin queen. When Prisilla Wright gets captured by the monster, it's Cassie's dream come true. Only problem is, she took her brother with him (Alex Whetzenard).

The first Gooseumps episode I saw was 'A Night In Terror Tower' and I was absolutly terrified. Even though it still sends shivers down my spine, it's my favourite Goosebumps er...short film.

Anyway, back to this movie. My favourite actor in this is Sean (Cody Linley), Cassie's friend. The only actor I'd heard of before I watched this film was the weirdo caharetor (Tobin Bell). The words on the front cover and on the last page of the book "Don't Think About It" really describeds what kids do when they go to bed that night. I always have the song "Don't Think About It" by main actress, Emily Osment, I never get outta my head. Mainly the chorus sticks in you're head.

This has been my favourite film the moment I first saw it! Even better than my ex-favourite film starring Ray Winstone, 'Beowulf'. I also love the film 'Up' which only came out this year, but this beats them all. My favourite film also was once 'Jaws 2', but again this wins everything by far. I would seriously reccomend this to kids who love spooky films. This will be thier favourite film, in a flash. It worked with me.
on 8 November 2011
Good spooky story, our kids love mildly scary stuff, bought this some time ago, they've played it till they know the words, really good.
on 24 August 2012
This film I bought for myself...I am not giving the plot away at all...Simply because this film is better watched from scratch.

Parents: This is a little scary that kids will love, in fact the whole family can get some scoff and watch and enjoy this film together..I guarantee the parents will like this film as much as the youngsters.