Format: DVD|Change
Price:£12.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 17 October 2008
If you liked still game then you'll like dear green place. I loved Paul Riley as winston in still game and his likeable nature comes out in this as well. It is very different from chewin the fat or still game but just as good and addictive. The first couple of episodes took some getting used to but they got better and funnier as they went along. Dont look for Jack and Winston and give it a chance, you'll love it.
on 30 October 2013
Point one, the Glasgow accent is difficult and lots of the characters must have been Glaswegian to have put in such an effective performance. Everyman and his dog can "do" a scottish accent, Glasgow, no, I have spent time working there and listened to them, Taggart was mild compared to this. But it all adds to the effect and the dry, very dry, Glasgow type humour. You have to hang in there a bit at times to catch the dialogue but the end result is worth the effort, very funny and could be watched again and again. Point two, some one star reviewers remarked that it is not "Still Game" and they are quite right, this is an entire new series idea but some of the flavour is there, with the same slightly sad and at times mild black humour and surprise shock/funny endings. This could have been "Winston's" (Paul Riley) council job before he became a pensioner in a block of council flats. What a shame the BBC ditched after two series, I am sure they could have carried on for three or four. However, "Faulty Towers" ended whilst John Clease though they were still fresh so perhaps better to leave that section of the appretiative audience wanting more than run out of ideas. Reviewers thought series two was even better so I look forward to it and be thankful for what we have.
on 26 January 2014
this has got people who star in it that was in the scottish comedy called still game and i invested in this and it is as good as that was a very good watch with a good laugh in it a must buy for a comedy.
on 27 September 2013
Good Scottish Sitcom. Still holds up. Well worth a watch for comedy fans. Especially fans of Scottish comedy. One of the better shows that sprung up in the fallout of Still Game and features a few of the same actors.
on 26 February 2011
I purchased this dvd on the strength of still game, however I am glad I did. I found the dvd very funny ok very different from still game but still better than some other shows I have seen. I used to work in a park and could relate to some of the charaters such as the park manager. The only I would say is my experiances were a bit more extreme than in this dvd. It is a pity that the second series dvd is so expensive which I do not understand why. However I have seen some of series two on you tube! It is a pity that the team that created this series have not done anything new to knowledge since. I would say yea give it a go, ok it is not still game but it is still very funny.
on 1 January 2008
This is a fantastic scottish comedy brought to you by paul riley and ford kiernan from still game. There are 6 fantastic episodes.

Rocksalt
Sorry
Pish
Theres been a murder
gimme shelter
Bandstand

Each hilarious episode follows the life of glasgow parkies. if you are after a truly scottish comedy then this is for you.
on 19 June 2008
If you think this is going to be as funny as Chewin The Fat/Still Game etc, don't be fooled into buying it. We did and it went straight into the bin soon afterwards.

If it is meant to be a comedy - poor.

If it is meant to be a drama - dire.

Disappointing!
on 11 April 2015
I bought this for my brother he lives in Scotland. We love anything with the actor Paul Riley Ford kiernan and Greg Hemphill they our very talented very funny actors. dvd is Worth buying.
on 11 January 2012
I agree with lots of the other reviews, bought on the strength of Still Game, bit weak in some areas, but funny all the same. Well worth a look
on 9 January 2010
what can one say. arrived within time slot. spent the next three hours in stitches. an excellent series. sadly scrapped by the bbc.