Customer reviews

on 6 March 2013
Crank arms on cycles can be very stubborn to remove and I knew I would need an extractor to remove the ones on my cycle; they had not been taken off in four years. This looked to be the idea tool as it was cheap and compact. However when I tried to remove the crank arms the inner bolt thread on the extractor stripped. I sent it back as defective and asked for a refund. The company told me it was fine and that only the paint had come off the bolt !. I was an engineer for years and know when a thread is stripped, but the company refused to refund my money. I had to call upon the Amazon Arbitration people (who were very good) before the company eventually refunded my money. I will never do business with this company again.
on 10 January 2012
I was apprehensive when selecting this tool as I had not removed a cotterless crank before and was not 100% certain what type I had. I chose the slightly more expensive multi-option version to try to be on the safe side. The extractor threaded into the crank with no difficulty. A few second of turning an Allen key (the same size key as used for removing the crank's fastening bolt & dust cover) had the Shimano crank smoothly and safely off its splines.
Product seems generally well-made though, when used the first time, the inner thread raised a 'wire edge' which could have been painful if stuck in the finger. One star subtracted for that, though I could not fault the smoothness of the extraction.
on 28 July 2010
This is good price for a solid tool that does the job.

My only compliant is the flattened sides for using with a spanner are not as flat as they could be making it all too easy for an adjustable spanner to slip.
on 21 May 2011
Easy to order, came quickly, as described and well packaged. Idiot proof (it worked straight out of the box) and good value for money. Saved me £20 as I no longer had to take my bike to a specialist bike shop
on 19 February 2011
Good strong and does the job well, I used it to free my shimano cranks, you don't need a spanner, all you need is an allen key of the size you will probably use to remove and replace the crank fixing bolts.
on 26 August 2016
I used this tool to change the worn front Shimano chain ring set and pedals on my Saracen mountain bike. It threaded nicely into place and lifted the pedals/chain ring assembly squarely away from the taper. Initially took quite a lot of effort on the Allen key to break the seal between chain rings and bottom bracket taper, but the tool seems strong and well made.
on 28 February 2013
If you're looking for the tool to remove the pedal arms from the bottom bracket of your old Hollowtech (Octalink) then this is what you need. I wasn't sure when I bought it, but did the job admirably without having to resort to placing a 5p coin in or any other weird trick mentioned on the forums.
on 7 January 2014
Had a few of these off amazon, of which most broke on a single job. This has been used repeatedly and works like a charm still!
on 9 January 2013
Very good quality tool. Fits very well, and takes out all the hassle. Another essential tool for stripping down push-bikes
on 17 June 2011
It's so satisfying when you use a tool for the first time and it does the job as it should. A good buy