Customer reviews

Very good
on 21 May 2017
very funny
on 2 November 2007
After seeing Omid on numerous Royal Variety Shows and brief appearances on other tv shows, a few years ago I booked to see him do standup at one of Manchester's theatre's. The theatre was empty apart from 3-4 rows at the front of the stalls, me being one of the spectators. I wandered why? This man is absolutely hilarious, quick witted and a comedy genius...basically he's a must watch. Maybe the majority of the British public weren't ready for him back then, but they are now, as he's set to take the UK by storm with his new BBC1 comedy series starting on 17th Nov. He's my favourite British Iranian Politically Incorrect Comedian(!) who I think is just great. Infact he's my favourite 'British' comedian full stop. In more recent years he's become ever more popular by having appearances in films such as Gladiator, The Mummy etc., and co-starring with Whoopie Goldberg in her US comedy series 'Whoopie'. He's become very popular worldwide, but especially on the US & Canada comedy circuit, and it seems he's really made his big break over there. I'm sure his new BBC1 series will make him even more popular over here. I can't wait!

This dvd shows one of his most recent tours, and is guaranteed to be one laugh after another. So he'll be pleased to know I've pre-ordered a few, here at Amazon, to give to family/friends for Christmas.
A very good hour and a half of entertainment from a very talented guy. Omid's basic shtick of highlighting cultural differences between his Iranian background and the England in which he grew up is rich ground for humour, and he exploits it expertly. Mixed in with this he is a great physical performer, and can get laughs just from walking across a stage - and his dancing has to be seen to be believed! He also has a gift for voices, speaking with a variety of accents that sound totally authentic. All these elements are mixed together in this show to provide some real belly laughs and a general feeling of good humour.

There are downsides. The material is perhaps a bit too thin at times, and it feels a little stretched. There are very funny bits, but these are interspersed with Omid just gurning and screaming to fill in the gaps, and these sections fall a bit flat for me. So while there are lots of really good laughs, it is a bit uneven. All in all though a comedy DVD well worth getting, so four stars.
on 26 November 2007
This is a really funny show he did at The London Palladium and I just loved his irreverent style. This is smart comedy from a great performer. I am looking forward to hopefully more of Omid on DVD if this is anything to go by.
on 20 November 2007
Comedy has just got a new boss man - the Guv'nor of Political incorrectness and terrorist tendencies !! Belly dancing and razor sharp wit with spot on cultural observations make Omid a MUST see. If you do not see him live you should watch this DVD. He has a new TV show on BBC1 as well although he is at his best doing the stand up material he delivers on No Agenda. 5 stars +++
on 26 June 2012
I discovered Omid Djalili when I saw trailer of "the infidel". Omid is really a master of accents and cultural differences. And he is not shy to make crude jokes about any religion. It is very refreshing for a change to listen to him instead of having to listen to sb. who tries to bend over backwards with pc.
He imitates the Indian accent, makes jokes about the Iranians' and the Greeks' willingness to pay taxes, says something about Germans and about Turks. Nobody gets spared. At the end he tells a joke about a Jew and a Christan. No kidding - tears of laughter were running down my cheeks.

I am so happy I bought this DVD. If I could give Omid more than 5 stars, I gladly would. This is one of the best and entertaining DVDs I bought in a long while.
on 28 September 2016
Omid Djalili is a very funny man. There can be absolutely no doubt about that. This show is a high-energy rollercoaster of hilarity. A lot of it is quite silly, plenty of it is thought-provoking, all of it is funny. He focuses on the ethnic minority experience of living in the UK, and takes it in all sorts of unexpected directions. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from him, but I thoroughly enjoyed this DVD and I highly recommend it.

One curious thing is that the main pictures on the box show him without a beard, but he has one in the performance, and he looks a completely different person - or, at least, ten years younger. Odd, not really relevant to the quality of this product, but odd, so I thought I'd mention it anyway.
on 10 June 2008
This guy is very good, i knew there was something about this guy when i saw him in the film 'the mummy'..he is hilarious ..especially his accents and impressions...i hope this guy releases more stand up stuff in the future...buy this dvd , you won't regret it...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 July 2008
I work outside the UK and do not see very much British TV. I saw Omid on an in-flight entertainment channel and decided to track down more of his material.
This is really entertaining DVD, and Omid himself is brilliant. Great material, delivery style, and his accents, impressions and observations on people are just superb.
I rarely laugh out loud - but omid had me rolling!

BUY IT!