2,860

on 24 October 2008
Just how cheap can this memory get ?

I am using this card in my Kodak Z1015 HD video capable digicam, the card is fast enough to cope with HD video to be continuously streamed to the card, I recently shot a continuous 29 min video with no problems whatever (8GB would have given me much longer)...it seems just great

This card is classified as a "class 4", which means that it must have a minimum write speed of 4 megabytes per second, this seems fast enough for my purposes, other cards are classified at class 6 (6 mb/s min), so its not the fastest, but it seems fine for video

Just a note though....make sure that the device that you plan to use this card with is SD HC compatible as some older devices wont recognise this card

I am sure that memory will get even cheaper, but this seems like a great price to me, high street retailers often charge three or four times this price...Sandisk is a well known brand name too...great value
2525 Comments| 519 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2009
Update - I am still using this card after more than seven (7) years so I know it is a high quality and reliable product. Sadly, I needed a much larger storage (200b) mini SD card and couldn't find a SanDisk at the time so opted for a Kingston (160Gb) which is nowhere near as good as it tends to crash my phone and freezes my camera, which can be a bit of a nuisance. I can definitely recommend SanDisk for their reliablility and stability.

What can I say? SanDisk has been my favourite memory card manufacturer for many years now. The 8 Gb card has a huge storage capacity and like other cards, it is simple to transfer files to and from. As for pricing, SanDisk is relatively cheap when compared to other brands and yet performs excellently.
44 Comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2008
Great card! working 100% fine with my Nikon D80. It is not super super fast... but it is quite fast than other 3rd party or low cost cards.

No issues taking pictures. No Errors.

You might need to upgrade your card reader. I am using direct cable from my camera to PC.

Will recomm.
22 Comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2008
I bought this card to partner my Canon 450D. It works a treat and is a competitive price. I was going to get one for my digital photo-frame too but held off as it was unclear whether the SDHC would work in the photo-frame. I tested it and it does. I have now ordered a second one for the photo-frame. Very pleased.
11 Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2008
I purchased this for use in a compatible digital photo frame. It does the job and is a good price. I didn't expect it to work in the car stereo, or my 3 year old digital camera, but I did expect it to plug into the pc and simply copy files across. The pc running windows XP did not recognise the device in a number of card readers. I went to several high street retailers, known for selling electical and digital kit. One kindly tested the card for me could not read it and thought it might be faulty. Another was not sure why it did not work, a third said it needed a special reader, but did not have one; and a reader plus card was ~£70. A search on the internet then clarifed what was required, and Amazon stock a reader with 2GbSD card for ~£2. It would however be really helpful if this info was put in the product description.
22 Comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2008
What is there to say, it's a memory card, it stores things. It doesn't do much anything else. It does what it does well enough, it keeps the data; and it is reasonably fast.

It works great with my camera (EOS 450D), and you do need minimun of 8gb with a DSRL. Though you might now want to start looking at the 16GB to see if they provide better GB/£ ratio.

If speed is critical for you (as it sometimes is), then you might want to consider the Extreme versions from SanDisk (have one of those also). Yes they are more expensive, but you will want one of those if you for example do continuos shooting with a DSLR, then it's about the speed.
22 Comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2009
works perfectly with a canon sx10is, and is quicker than its class 2 rating, my reader measures it at 6mb second.

you need top be aware this is sd-hc, older sd card readers and cameras cannot 'see' sdhc cards, you need a new reader at the very least!

comes in minimal retail packing, no little clamshell case like they used to come with, but is cheap as chips, I have several sandisk products, and have been happy with all of them
on 13 January 2009
Works fine with my Panasonic Lumix 10MB. Fast to write photos and download files to PC.
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2009
Bought myself a large digital card to use in a digital photo frame and wanted to be able to get all my photos onto one card. The space on this is huge! Its so easy to use too!! Just slot it in, wack on your photos or videos and you are done! SIMPLE!
on 15 July 2011
I've heard a lot about dodgy memory cards being sold at cheap prices, so decided to pay a bit more and get it directly through Amazon. Unfortunately, this didn't seem to pay off. The card has the logo on front (and engraved into the back) but didn't come in any form of official packaging except for the plastic case. It was supplied with a warranty-but this has "1 gb" written on it and, to be perfectly honest, could have been printed out by anyone with a decent quality printer. I used the card in my brand new camera (literally arrived and used together for the first time) but, upon trying to view the images on my laptop, the card wouldn't load. I installed Windows updates and restarted and the folder appeared, but after turning the camera back on, it simply wouldn't recognise the card :@ The camera and laptop work fine-i've tested them both with seperate cards since, and the card wasn't connected while updates/installations went ahead.

Before I decide whether to ask for a replacement or my money back, I've emailed Sandisk to ask whether the cards can be verified (and any of them trusted). I don't want to risk all my pictures! With 148 1 star ratings on here, something fishy must be going on. Really disappointed-if you do decide to go for one of these, please check/test it thoroughly beforehand before you lose any of your images. I'll re-post with any communication from Sandisk.
99 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse