Customer reviews

on 18 January 2013
Ok, my yellow and black Joby Gorillapod arrived this morning, smaller than i imagined. Originally i intended to use it with a small flashgun i bought, the Godox CF-18, sadly within 34hrs the godox flash died, i ordered a Yongnuo YV460-II to replace it. I do not intend to use it with any camera, my camera's are heavy and not suited to this small 'pod, this was bought just to hold my flashgun for off camera, strbist shooting.

Anyhow, this Gorillapod arrived today and right away i thought "i can never use that with my new flash, too weak!"

How wrong could i have been?

Ok, the pod may not support the weight fully in the upright position, but hang it from something and it stays put, doesn't slip and isn't giving me any worry that it might slip. So i fully intend to hang it from branches, railings, scaffolding, drainpipes, anything i can find.

This will be perfect for using outdoors with my flash doing strobist things, its ideal because it is so easy and quick to set up, once the thread is mounted and locked in place, there are no screws to use, no legs to extend, its simply a grippy thing that should really be punching above its weight, but incredibly the Gorillapod is much tougher than it looks, it is so versatile and i am glad i bought mine, specially in yellow =)

I have added a few images to showcase it's speedlight handling capabilities.
review imagereview imagereview image
on 17 May 2013
I have used it to hold my iphone in my car to film driving. It grips really well. You do have to position the legs carefully so it can perform a full grip instead of a hooking motion though. Otherwise, it just shakes. It's now sitting on my desk lamp like a little spider. I'm sure no other conventional tripod can do that.
on 27 April 2017
it versatile and strong thanks
on 1 November 2015
Great mini tripod for digital camera, can be used anywhere!
on 21 October 2013
Shorter, smaller than I was expecting, but it's sturdy, steady, looks great and does the job. Looking forward to using it for some night sky shots later in the year. Love it!
on 19 October 2016
Works really well. Good quality.
on 14 February 2013
It does what it says on the tine and is easy to use and means you can take great pictures when there is no one to hold the camera
on 9 April 2013
What a fantastic device. I,ve used it in all kinds of places and performs perfectly. I,m thinking of getting the larger model for my digital S L R.
on 17 February 2014
Although quite small, this Joby Gorillapod is amazing, grips to almost anything well and is small enough not to be difficult to carry / pack away. Totally recommend it
on 20 November 2013
I use this with my canon HFR36 (small camcorder) it's great and I have used it up trees, poles, on tables - just about anywhere. A great buy.