Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 April 2009
I saw Carolina Chocolate Drops on Later with Jools Holland and had to buy the album. I thoroughly enjoy it! It is a southern US three-piece using a banjo, violin and guitar and it works very well. I know of no other group making music like this at the moment. Give it a try.
I became a fan of Uncle Earl after seeing them in concert and bought their CDs. This group was recommended to me and I bought the CD. It is old timey accoustic music played to a very high standard by a group of 3 who appear to enjoy what they are doing. The music has a feel of authenticity. For me, they will not replace Uncle Earl but they are deserving a place next to them in my collection. If you like Uncle Earl, you will probably enjoy this as well. Enjoyable.
on 27 October 2009
Overall I was pleased with my purchase, but some tracks are a little heavy on the banjo for my liking - I prefer the ones with more vocal input, particularly when the femal singer is featured, as she has an amaxzingly evocative voice. The trio really gels though, and this comes through in all the tracks.
on 21 February 2016
A bold sorrowful brilliant and unyielding CD 💿. The journey they take you on is existentially real and that's the albums great beauty and strength.
on 25 September 2009
Really enjoyed this cd.Found the information contained within the sleeve notes very interesting about the origins of the songs.Very talented musicians,and particularly liked the track "Cornbread and Butterbeans".Anyone liking old style bluegrass would enjoy the cd i think.
on 10 August 2016
A beautiful voice and excellent band too. I love this.
on 13 December 2016
nexcellent album no problems with service
on 14 February 2017
A well loved gift
on 9 May 2016
excellent album
on 6 February 2009
HeritageFantastic echoes of the old string bands, and what a voice this girl Rhiannon has