on 24 September 2017
Bicycle chain bought this in a warehouse deal, the chains are good quality. This example was delivered with the easy join link missing and had clearly been used.
Sent it back for refund.
This is the second piece of cycle component bought as a warehouse deal that has had an important part missing, just be aware if buying a similar deal.
on 3 June 2016
I only wish the product was advertised as having the quick link since I went and bought one separately. I see the other reviews mention this but the company shouldn't be relying on reviewers to tell new buyers what the product includes! Safe to say I didn't read the reviews before buying since I feel it was a pretty low risk purchase. It was my first chain purchase so lesson learnt!

Otherwise it is a great chain and feels solid. There is a the cheaper PC850 model but given £6 between them and if this PC870 is even slightly hardier then its worth paying extra.
on 24 November 2017
I have fitted this as part of a complete drivetrain replacement on my faithful old hybrid. I have never had problems with SRAM chains, and I like the Powerlink to join and split it without tools. However, you DO need a chain splitter tool to shorten the new chain to the correct length.
review image
on 17 February 2018
Very good chain; worked very well straight away. Gear changes have instantly become much cleaner and more slick. Highly recommended, also this chain is made in Portugal, whereas most Shimano chains are made in china or taiwan.
on 18 April 2014
Immediately noticed it much heavier and sturdier than the chain I had which didn't even last a year before becoming really stretched.

Gear changes no problem now and I like also the shiny silver nickel (it's better looking than the photo above) finish as my old bike has a lot of chrome so it looks very good with that.

Was already the perfect length for my bike gears and clipped on very simply. Also nicely pregreased so I just rode off straight away.

I know what my next chain is going to be, provided of course that this one doesn't stretch badly but I suspect it won't. It even seems better than the chain on my new Boardman Hybrid.

An easy excellent.
on 2 January 2014
Used this chain with a Shimano Tourney 6 Speed freewheel (MFTZ06). I took it off a few times for cleaning (the quick-release link is very nice to have) and it seemed to wear very slowly. I didn't get to its end of life due to a necessary upgrade, but as I said in my review of the freewheel, I think it would go a very long way in that combination. Seems to shift much better with Shimano freewheels and cassettes than Shimano chains!
on 7 May 2014
Excellent quality chain, very easy to fit - no chain tool required (unless you need to change length of chain). My last one did two years solid service and was still going strong but decided to replace as about to go on a long tour. Over the years have tried various different chains but this one is by far the best.
on 22 January 2018
Couple of thousand miles and still goin strong
on 11 June 2012
I have used these chains on 2 bikes recently and they are very good. Very easy to fit using the powerlink, although I had some trouble on the second bike because I misjudged the length. With some adjustment to a solid link, they both now run very smoothly and are a significant improvement over my old chain. I would recommend this product highly.
One person found this helpful
on 12 August 2017
Good chain and delivery was excellent