Customer reviews

on 3 October 2015
This is my first upgrade from a budget beginners whistle. The build quality is excellent although the appearance is very plain and the untreated brass will soon raise a patina, which I actually like, but of course we should buy because of sound and playability not looks. The tone and playability are excellent. It was a choice between this and a Freeman based on total price and I'm very happy with my choice. I'd recommend any beginner to go straight to this whistle as it's a big improvement over the lucky dip of getting a good mass produced £5 whistle.
on 22 March 2017
Nice Whistle, a little grumpy on the high octave, requires lots of care. Definitely worth the money though. I have replaced it now by a DIXON PRO but I still like it's tone so I use it every now and then just because I like its sound.
on 24 August 2017
Really easy to play nice tone hardly takes any breath to play
on 30 June 2013
Good tone. Easy to play. Suitable for beginners.
I have several Tony Dixon whistles and all are outstanding for their various prices.
This TRAD model is a good reliably performing low-cost whistle.
on 17 September 2017
Slight imperfection on the mouthpiece - like a crack or something, but the sound is still good
on 8 April 2013
Good starter whistle which is what I need. You really need to try them to get the feel and sound.
on 1 August 2014
Goes with the book - good vfm
on 6 November 2014
I expected more from it, given the price, but it is fine to play.
on 23 July 2015
Sounds better than my cheaper whistle and nicer to play. not 5 star as plastic end has broken within weeks of purchase.
on 10 December 2014
Just a sweeter tone and then a five star!