on 3 July 2017
Used it last year and had slug free potatoes for the first time ever. Used it again in May on my dahlias and my first and second early potatoes and my cabbage and lettuce seedlings, the first early spuds are completely slughole free and the seedling cabbage and lettuce undamaged. Just bought another batch to protect my maincrop spuds and to top up for the second earlies. I only wish I`d found this stuff years ago. Just a pity it doesn`t work for snails as well.
on 20 August 2017
Did a lot of research on this and thought it a bit expensive at this price but hey my lawn WAS covered with the little blighters and did not like the dog going out at night and bring them back in him feet. After about a week all gone !!! well done nemaslug. Not so sure about snails so keeping going with pellets but they are starting to turn up dead so it must be working and my plants now have a chance
on 9 November 2017
Attempting to be more organic, I tried this for the first time as I'm plagued with slugs. I already use beer traps and sheep wool which reduce the amount, but this year seemed a particularly bad year so after planting my third set of runner beans I resorted to nemaslug.
It worked great for about a month then the little critters started returning.
Next year I'll buy more nemaslug, start it earlier and reapply.
I'm determined to have a successful bean harvest one day!
on 17 June 2015
Having used this as per instructions about 4 weeks ago I can detect no difference in the slug population in my garden. My bedding dahlias have been defoliated like I hadn't used anything. I don't know if it's supposed to affect snails but if so it hasn't worked as my ligularia is covered in them and I've had to remove them the old fashioned way (manually). I've given this 3 stars cos to be fair it's hard to evaluate the product objectively but I will be going back to beer traps and small quantities of slug pellets under pieces of slate because the results of nemaslug in my opinion are just as the title says, not good enough.
on 15 September 2016
This is amazing stuff it is such a shame it is only effective for 6 weeks. The product is quite expensive but we do not use SLUG PELLETS in our garden as they are very toxic if the deceased/dying slugs are eaten by SONG BIRDS or HEDGEHOGS both of which we encourage into our garden. For the few weeks of spring when the plants are shooting are at their most vulnerable the product works by killing slugs as they emerge from their eggs in the soil and compost. Alas having used the product for two seasons now with identical outcomes I realise that after approximately 6-8 weeks the voracious slugs probably those that didn't ingest the worms earlier in the year return with a vengeance. I am now considering discarding all soil/compost from pots which harbour slug eggs over the winter and planted them with new, sterilised compost in the spring. Using the Nematode worms on my borders and re-applying the product after 6 weeks or when slugs first appear. Desperate for a non-toxic solution having tried sharp grit, copper tape around pots, beer traps etc.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 June 2017
This stuff works better than the blue pills I used to use but because most of the slugs die underground there are no dead bodies as proof. Slugs had been nibbling my basil leaves in the greenhouse. After applying Nemaslug it was 6 weeks before a few small holes started appearing in my basil plants. Time to apply Nemaslug again.
on 31 May 2017
Easy to use, bit more clarification in the written instruction on ratio for garden feeder/ hose attachment would have been better. But after a wait my slug problem seems to have reduced.
on 20 July 2016
I thought I was making an interesting alpine garden. Instead I was providing an outdoor buffet for these disgraceful creatures. I have an abiding phobia about them and even seeing one makes me go squeeeeeeee so the usual beer traps were out of the question, as were the blue pellet things since I want to encourage birds and toads into the garden. Then I heard about Nemaslug. I got a packet. On the very evening I was applying the stuff, there was a big orange critter scoffing newly-planted sempervirens like Mick Hucknall with the munchies. Well, Mr Ginger, where's your munching tackle now, eh, a week later?! All gone! No more attacks on the plants, the newly sprouted calendula, which were a mere entree before the main course, have now recovered and the leaves are no longer filigree. I can go out in the evening without fear of bumping into slugs on the path. You don't know how much this means. Nemslug is my favourite thing at the moment.
on 13 August 2016
What an amazing product. Every where you looked and walked in my garden were slugs and snails. All my plants this year had been eaten even with using slug pellets nearly every other day. But I had heard this product was good, and after buying yet more plants I thought I would give it a go. That was a week ago, not a snail and slug apart from dead ones in my garden!!!! Brilliant!!!! Easy to use, came quickly and would recommend this to everyone with problems. New plants looking good and hosta plants recovering. Wished I used this earlier. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
on 9 July 2015
This is the first year of my using Nemaslug, and it is hard to tell whether I have _a lot_ less problems with slugs due to Nemaslug or due to other factors (climate, luck, etc). Fact is that we are almost slug free this year (previously heavily infested), and the snails (touched by Nemaslug only as a side-effect, I believe) are also down.
So, I do not know whether I enjoy the effects of Nemaslug or coincidence. There's a good chance that it isn't coincidence though, based on previous years, so I'll keep refreshing my nematodes every 6 weeks during the growing period.