Size: 3|Change

I bought this as it advertised size 1 as being for small dog breeds and I had not realised that the muzzle part would be non adjustable. It is tightly sewn and just about fits my dogs muzzle, (approx. 6.5inch, same size as my dogs snout) but there is no movement in the fabric so would be too tight on the poor dog, (so he would be unable to open his mouth for panting), that is if the rest of it fitted! The mesh part is very long, too long for my dog so this makes the ends that fasten together with a plastic clasp too long. So, in my case this product is completely useless and I have wasted my money. I also bought it as an aid to train my dog to stop barking at people walking by whilst he is in the garden, but on the packet it does not mention barking, only snapping/biting, so maybe this is why it is non adjustable and I have purchased the wrong product (Although when I ordered it, I thought the description did say to stop barking). I have now found another product that is adjustable around the dogs nose and head.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2014
My dog is not aggressive in any way. I needed a light weight muzzle because we are taking our dog with us to Spain on Brittany Ferries and they require all dogs to be muzzled whilst in the port areas and whilst being exercised aboard the ferry. Whilst she is not keen on wearing a muzzle, this is the least obtrusive and lightest that I have found and fits my purpose perfectly.
on 25 November 2014
I have a very small jack Russell ( bigger than a chiwawah but smaller than the average jack Russell. Wearing this muzzle has had a calming effect on our walks and when having visitors to our house. It fits really well .
on 12 June 2013
Bought this for my springer spaniel as I wanted a muzzle for "emergencies". Recently got a fishing fly accidentally stuck in his ear. Wouldn't let any of us near him to get it out, understandably. Had to take him to a vet, where they muzzled him and took it out in seconds. Decided there & then to get a muzzle. This arrived promply. Seems to be good enough quality for occasional use, however it was too small, a very tight fit. My dog is very 'chunky', even compared to other spaniels. I got a refund with no problem and ordered size 3.
on 23 May 2014
very good to stop chewing when puppy and biting when older becase i have a staffordshire bull terrier and can be aggressive to strangers
on 13 August 2014
I only give it 3 stars as my jack Russell can get it off ,so I have to b careful when I take him out
on 23 March 2012
Service was fine, although the comparison site I used to select a vendor indicated that postage was free when it wasn't (not necessarily the vendors fault). Design of the muzzle had changed so it didn't fit my giant dog, but again not the vendors fault.
on 11 June 2015
A FANTASTIC MUZZLE THAT IS KINDER TO OUR GERMAN SHEPHERD THAN A SOLID PLASTIC ONE
on 2 June 2013
Too small for my Jack Russell, even though it was advertised as suitable. Didn't ask for a refund, so I can't really complain.
on 23 May 2013
I purchased Dog Muzzle size 3 but it was much too large. I then purchased size 2 which is much too small