TOP 100 REVIEWERon 14 January 2013
If Plant was Zep`s wandering, scavenging wailing banshee lost in his own search for some kind of musical reverie, Bonzo their troubled, thundering pile-driver drummer, and JPJ the steady, versatile hand on a thrillingly stormy tiller, Jimmy Page - one of the most surprising, protean and ubiquitous (look up the number of others` hits he played on in the sixties, it`s staggering) guitarists in the world, must be counted not only as Zep`s one and only guitar wizard, but their overseer, producing remasters galore and, in the end, this sonically unimprovable compilation of tracks from the career of one of the greatest rock bands of all time.
No need or point in going through a track-by-track rundown, except to say that most of the usual suspects are here, including one or two which most of us would happily have sacrificed for lesser known but perhaps better tracks from their relatively few albums.
I might have preferred Misty Mountain Hop (a tour de force for Bonham) instead of When The Levee Breaks, and I would have liked The Battle Of Evermore to have found favour in Page`s selection, Sandy Denny`s vocals lending a refreshing, pleasing poignancy after so much male chest-beating. (`Hey Ho!` indeed.)
It`s good to hear In The Evening and All My Love as the two final tracks, like a benediction.
Some songs had to be here: the opening four from their debut album are well chosen, Ramble On, Rock And Roll and Black Dog are essential, and if Whole Lotta Love were not present & correct, there might have been questions in the House - or at least in the garden.
Great sound, a near-perfect selection of Zep classics, not to mention an excellent booklet. We are indeed blessed.
Thanks, Jimmy. And thanks too to Percy, JPJ & the shade of Bonzo - channelling Thor, god of thunderous drummers!
Most of the best of the greatest.
on 25 February 2015
Wow, the remasters have improved things!

Being a long time Zepp fan I am only too aware of the bad recordings of their music. Funny how such great songs of these standards can get recorded so badly.

I know they remastered there catalogue years ago so do not know how many times it has been done. I am not sure how much they can improve things either. This was ... made worse recently when I heard that you can IMPROVE the sound of CD tracks when converting them?! That was a mind melter for me and I kept asking myself how that could even be possible!

I am sure this collection is misisng a couple of tracks? Maybe I am wrong but I am sure there are tracks I used to listen to that are missing.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 June 2011
I agree with other reviewers who point to the absence of classic tracks such as 'The Battle of Evermore', and the inclusion of lumpen tracks like 'D'Yer Maker', but having got that moan out of the way, I can say that this re-mastered collection is a great introduction to this Colossus of a band. The sound mastering brings the tracks up gleaming fresh, and the complexity and depth of songs like 'Kashmir', 'Stairway to Heaven' and 'The Song Remains the Same' appear even richer in their new clothes. Simply sit back and marvel at some of the guitar work, and how tight and integrated the band are, across a range of approaches and styles. A very impressive 'Best of' at a very attractive price. An inexpensive collection of 'favourites' under one roof, or if you're new to this monster band, I truly envy your journey of discovery...
4 people found this helpful
on 26 February 2018
Play it time and time again and never tire of it. Landmark music which gets progressively better the more you play the tracks..
on 3 March 2017
This could have been a really good 1 disc collection but for me there are too many fillers, particularly on disc 2.
One person found this helpful
on 6 April 2014
I've wanted some Led Zeppelin tracks for a while and this was a good inexpensive way of getting all the ones that I wanted. I love their earlier stuff. Some of the later stuff is a bit dodgy. I love the power behind Mr Plant's vocals in the classics and can't wait to play them in the car on a hot day with the top down. All their classics are on this album.
One person found this helpful
on 15 April 2018
Item arrived on time and as advertised
on 20 November 2017
EXCELLENT CD WHICH ARRIVED WELL INSIDE THE TIME LIMIT SET BY SELLER
on 5 January 2018
Very good excellent delivery time would recommend
on 14 January 2018
Not as good as I thought it would be