Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 28 July 2009
Fantastic balanced sound from such a small set of speakers. they do exactly what i was looking for my speakers to do. great punchy highs with smooth bassy undertones. i am delighted with the clarity and would have not problem recomending these speakers to anyone!
on 9 October 2008
I've just got a pair of these after reading the reviews, and was not disappointed at all. If anything I was surprised how good they sound. I've got a very expensive audiophile system for CDs but wanted something small for an iPod in a small office room, and these are perfect. The bass sound is incredible for such a small box... and vocals sound crisp and clear. For the price these are an absolute steal!
on 15 July 2013
After having the Audioengine A2 speakers for 7 months now and from unboxing them from their microfiber bags till now I have been very pleased.

Pros:
They are able to produce and impeccable sound quality for their price point and excellent reproduction of the full spectrum
Are loud enough to fill a room with sound and will go plenty loud enough for a set of computer speakers
A very compact pair of speakers perfect for the desk
They have a professional gloss (white) finish and show excellent build quality all round

Cons:
These are not a pair of speakers for people who like room shaking bass even though they do produce an adequate amount
Positioning matters with these, the tweeters have to be in direct line and ideally level with the ears for then too be fully effective but this is not a problem for most

Theses are an outstanding pair of speakers which should please pretty much anyone who likes their detail in their music defined and crisp with surprising volume from such small speakers. If you are able to pair these speakers with a subwoofer they would benefit but overall great.

Note: The (3.5mm auxiliary and RAC)inputs also work as an output if you wish to add some other speakers to them Eg. subwoofer
They also have a break in period from out the box which just passes afterr a few days of use
on 8 December 2013
Is there a better pair of miniature speakers with a built in amp out there ?

I don't think there is, as evidenced by me buying my girlfriend a pair, to play her phone through as a stereo.

I did this having used my own pair for 3 years attached to various laptops , mainly as speakers for watching movies.

Why movies, not music ? because as speakers for listening to music , you just cannot compare them to real hifi amp and speaker separates.

There, I've said it now and it's true.

For a start I have to use an equaliser (the horror) to level off the dreadful bass boost somebody at Audioengine thought was a good idea.

Yes they are better than anything else for the money, and sound adequate.

No *way* do they sound 'amazing' or 'brilliant'

just manage your expectations and you won't be disappointed.
on 3 April 2013
These speakers sound great, particularly with a graphic equaliser and the accompanying stands are also worth getting to improve the bass and direct the sound.

I was excited to get these after hearing rave reviews just about everywhere and was looking forward to comparing them with my Harman Kardon Soundsticks III (which have are also very good and offer a lot of bang for your buck).

When I compared the two, I first noticed the clarity of the Audioengines on the high range, vocals etc. I heard details which the Soundsticks just don't quite pick up, but the bass was a little muddier (the Soundsticks have a subwoofer which provides them with pretty good bass, but which I personally hated having on my floor, getting kicked around).

Anyway, with a graphic equaliser, these sound even better and you can get the balance of bass and treble just right. They have a nice warm sound and the highs and middles are just incredible: So much detail.
on 4 November 2013
...that punch above their weight.

The Audioengine A2's offer surprising clarity, volume and transient response. As a result, they will be used at high volume. The audio quality isn't degraded by the levels of loudness that these speakers can achieve. This is more than can be said for neighbourly relations.

An on/off/volume knob is situated at the back of the left speaker. Keeps the front aesthetically clean, but can be fiddly in use. These speakers are fitted with posts that can either accept wiring with bare ends or banana plug connectors. They ship with bare wiring that seems of a good quality. Sturdily built, with a rubber covering that spans the whole underneath of the speaker. This is important for any delicate surfaces.

The downsides are threefold; These speakers run quite hot after extended use at high volume. There is a noticeable hiss when the volume is set high. The bass slits at the bottom are roughly finished, the saw marks are clearly visible and the paint didn't quite reach far enough. Annoying.

In conclusion, not cheap but you'd be very hard pressed to find matching audio quality in such a compact pair of speakers.
on 15 March 2012
I have just unpacked and set up my Audioengine 2 speakers. I can't believe the difference they have made. I'm not a music buff ... in fact, I am even a bit tone deaf. If I can hear a difference, then these speakers are GOOD! Oh, and they look way cool, too. Audioengine 2 - PC multimedia speakers - 30 Watt (Total) - 2-way - high-gloss white
on 22 January 2014
I bought these last year on amazon and was amazed by how good they are... I've got very expensive home cinema equipment in my lounge and still enjoyed listening to music on these... due to the small woofers I did EQ them up a bit on the low end but I've always liked bass heavy music. I run them on an Asus D2X soundcard but they sound almost as good off of my Toshiba ultrabook

I was so impressed by them that in January I bought the larger A5's and my god they are just perfect in every way... I've got the large A5's in my office now and the smaller A2's in my home office... couldn't be happier!

So in short the A2's were perfect to me till I got the A5's but im still glad I have the A2's at home and to make them sound fantastic I just EQ up the low end a bit and they perform great.
on 6 January 2013
I bought these speakers on my son's recommendation and they certainly live up to expectations - working with my laptop they give an excellent, full sound and also work well with our TV - the New Year's Day concert from Vienna was superb.
on 24 September 2013
Initially was looking to purchase a Harman Kardon Soundsticks but got swayed by this due to lots of review on the internet, in particular for its brother, the A5+.

I wasn't sure as some commented on the muddy base of this system. However, I can now say that this is an excellent audio system for its price for near field listening. Don't be fooled by its size though, the volume from these speakers can be quite loud.

It's a pleasure listening to classical music (orchestral, opera and solo performances) on this. I wish it was cheaper as this retails at less in other parts of the world.