on 31 March 2018
I have had this mirror fitted for about three years now and can assure potential buyers that it is of very good, durable quality. It has survived various knocks (mainly getting in and out of doorways) with barely a scratch (on the casing - not the mirror - that is blemish free). The best bit about it (and probably why it has lasted so long) is that it folds out of the way when needing to get into a tight space (assuming you remember to do so!) - it also folds back if struck (reducing the risk of damage).
on 27 December 2014
The mirror is not very big or convex, so the viewing angle is too limited for me. Maybe that's due to my slightly poor (not yet correct -- madness I know) eyesight and also perhaps I'm cognitively not very good at processing small images, I don't know.

I also find it hard to get the stiffness right and keep it the same -- I have to use my multi-tool to adjust it every now and then. The mechanism for attaching it to the handlebar seems a bit single-use too -- after unmounting and mounting it, I've found it doesn't rotate properly, though I've managed to turn it into the correct position with some extreme undoing and force.

The benefit of not having to turn to look behind is hardly worth the extra width and the hassle for me. In fact, maybe I'd be safer just learning to check behind better by turning my head and upper body. Maybe it'd be useful if I was old, but I'm not and if I was I'd probably buy a better one.
on 31 July 2017
Bought this one to replace my previous Mirrycle which got damaged when bike fell off its stand.

Very stiff when adjusting into position when setting off. This is very good for riding because it means the mirror will not move out of the angle you set by accident. Also, the size of the mirror and wide angle makes visibility of everything behind you gives any rider an essential rear view safety image of any other motorist who might cause you a potential conflict ahead.

Would not ride without one...not ever!
on 13 May 2013
Is it imperative that EVERY road cyclist has one these without a doubt. I am 100% confident then I've ever been having this on my right hand handle bar...absolutely a MUST for ALL you road cyclist out there.

At first, I got the bits and pieces out of the box and thought, how the hell does this fit together, it becomes easy once you look at the diagram, it's the bridge thing that put me off but I'll get to that. The screws are special screws, which are designed to be tightened, really, really tight, so you have to give it some thumb & forearm muscle when putting in the long screws. The bridge part is designed to inside you handle bar and when you tighten it up it twist and bridges up inside the bar and becomes fastened securely and it isn't going anywhere.

The tension on the arms and mirror need to balanced out so the wind doesn't move the mirror by being too slack and that it's not too tight so you can't move it to make some tweaks...the only way of doing this is by doing it! It took me about 3 attempts to get the right tension. It's great!! When I go out, boom, my mirror gets unfolded and it's in the right position. I glance in the mirror, no cars behind me...weeeee....all over the road, no one's around.....a car comes, right I'm there all goody two shoes and as far to left as I can until it passes.

Now, I use my wireless indicators, look in the mirror, the car behind has slowed down. Boom, I'm out and everyone's happy!!!!!
on 2 April 2016
Alternative mirrors out there at much cheaper price, seemed to cheap, so opted for this mirror, first impression when removed from box was that I might have made a mistake, in that, the parts seemed rather fragile, the screw fittings are designed to be very tight, I thought initially the screws were incorrect. Read the instructions first. When assembled and fitted to bike the quality of the mirror shone through.Excellent mirror, easily adjusted in all directions, left or right side, plus a second wedge fitting to accommodate difference internal diameter handlebar sizing. The fitted product is very solid indeed.excellent buy.
on 22 July 2016
High quality compact mirror, easy to assemble and mount, sturdy construction, nice tight flexible joints that stay put throughout a bumpy ride, and so well engineered that they don't even slacken after multiple readjustments. Mounts inside the end of the handlebar with a really tight secure cam-type fitting rather than a jubilee clip around the outside of the handlebar. Excellent product.
on 26 June 2015
I always have a cycle mirror; they are brilliant for keeping an eye on approaching traffic behind you especially if you have to go round parked cars or big pot holes. I've had many over the years but this is definitely the best I have had and easy to adjust in different positions to suit the rider. I prefer mine downwards and tucked in so it doesn't accidentally clip on a stationary car when moving past a traffic queue. I bought one for my girlfriend and she loves it too
on 28 May 2014
Good design with well-made fittings and will fit a range of handle bar diameters. Easy to fit once the plug at the end of the handle bar removed, pretty good vision with very little vibration/blur when looking at what is behind you, will move if you catch the mirror so a fair chance of surviving. Much safer than twisting your head around as you can keep glancing at the mirror when on roads.
on 1 August 2010
I've tried a couple of mirrors since breaking my original version of this in a fall. All of the mirrors tried were very susceptible to bouncing out of alignment when you hit a bump. This is the only mirror I've ever had which can be cranked up tight enough to stay put.

Wide enough for a decent angle of view even down on the end of a drop-handled racing bike - yes, it does work well on a drop-handled racing bike despite the title - you just have to swivel it around a bit until you get the right view - as you would with any other type of bike.
on 12 April 2014
I have different mirror fitted to another bike, and that is ok, but this is a far better product and worth the small extra cost. It's well made throughout and once adjusted gives a good and clear view behind, with very little or no vibration. I have bar ends on my bike so tuck it beneath the bars (see photos) and it works fine down there once a bit of tweaking to get the best angle has been done. Leaving the mirror arm itself loose enough to fold in should the bike fall over or whatever won't see it flapping about while riding so is recommended for 'up and out' fitment as the product images show.

All in all, a quality product, much recommended.
review imagereview image