on 3 May 2016
I didn't think I'd like this based on the time of person that used to buy it from the shop but having been convinced to give it a go, I must say its superb, I've now watched all the Tv series as well
on 1 July 2010
I watched this dvd as part of my studies for university! Before we viewed the video we were informed that it had scenes of violence and racism in it an were told that we could leave the room if we were uncormfortable with anything in it! The film is based on the experiences of the director growing up in 1980's Britain. From the outset the film grips you with it's story of Shaun who hasn't quite found his own identity after losing his father to the Falklands war! After meeting with a group of skinheads in the early 80's he starts to form his very own identity based on his new found friends. However, when one of the group returns from a stint in prison he changes the dynamics of the group with his new found ideas about Britain and the ethnic minorities that live here! The films has you laughing at one thing and then crying at another. The acting is absolutely fantastic and opens the viewers eyes to what British citizens attitudes were to the ethnic minorities and how group behaviour can really have an affect on our own opinions and ideas and how just one person can come along an change the views and attitudes of one small group, which in turn can have a profound affect on others who think alike! I would recommend this film to others and this was even the reason why i purchased my own copy. A very good film from a group of British actors and directors that will have u laughing and crying and even sometimes cringing!
on 23 October 2015
A quality film which is like real life good times bad times. I already owned this film on DVD the bluray version is top notch and the steelbook is excellent good artwork and arrived with no dents! Which sometimes isn't the case with Amazon.
on 4 March 2017
Great film, followed by a great series on channel 4. Great characters, great acting, just great all around. Some strong language and violence throughout.
on 31 August 2008
This film has captured the esscence of the early eighties magnificently. I was 12 in 1983 and the memories it brought back to me were wonderfull.
Thomas Turgoose's performance was stunning for his age, his charisma and talent shining through. Definately one to watch for the future.
I thought the film's portrayal of the robbery of the skin head's appearance and identity, by racist factions such as the loathesome NF and BNP was very accurate. Showing how the black immigrants were first welcomed for their Ska music and rude boy style, then persecuted by people dressed in their own image.
on 2 April 2018
Love this movie.... so sad but so good!!
on 7 April 2018
Happy customer
on 13 January 2018
Great movie well recommended gritty uk type drama
on 12 February 2018