on 1 April 2009
First things first, I have a HP dv9000 17" screen laptop. A large laptop by anyone's standards.
I chose this seller as the product is a more subtle colour scheme rather than the gaudy blue of similar sellers.
I have an issue with my laptop as the underside gets very warm when using the graphics card for any period of time, so the riser was the ideal solution. I researched the products available and found that this to be a reasonable price.
I was concerned by some reviews who suggested that this would not support my 17" laptop, fair enough it is made for a smaller laptop, however it suits for what I need. It holds my laptop safely, but there is an overhang to the sides and rear. The weight of the screen at the rear puts the laptop a little off balance, but it is stable.
As said in the title, ideal for a 15" screen laptop or less... but suits my 17" for what i need it for.
I'm happy with my purchase.
on 6 November 2009
I was having a complete headache finding a laptop stand to suit me - all the available models seemed to be designed to cool the laptop or for use with an external keyboard - most just aimed to get the screen to eye-level, which is fine - IF YOU CAN TOUCH TYPE. My problem was that I needed the KEYBOARD at eye level, otherwise I was just looking down and straining my neck anyway! The Easy Riser was a revelation, I didn't see a single other stand which allowed such a high angle, I find it very easy and comfortable to type on (using my laptop's inbuilt keyboard) and it's perfect for watching films etc as well. An excellent, sturdy, well-designed, durable product. It also folds completely flat to allow for easy transportation.
on 4 August 2009
Very secure stand and quite robust. Minimal covering of the back of your laptop to aid cooling. Rubber feet avoid marking and slippage. Front is shaped so you can still access front of laptop, if like mine you headphone socket is there. Had looked at much more expensive stands but this does the job perfectly well, unless you want more USB sockets or a built in keyboard.
No problems after four weeks, so can recommend.
on 7 March 2011
These are great stands, all the others I've looked at don't promote good airflow under the laptop and many seem intent on also blocking common ventilation areas.

The locking system feels very secure and the ledge at the bottom is think and high enough to prevent most laptops falling off, there are two rubber pads near the top on either side with treads to help keep gravity at bay, but still I don't think I'd want to put something with a rounded edge on there like a Dell D430 on its media base.

I'm happy with this; it does waste a bit of space behind the unit, but its space I wouldn't productively use anyway on a standard 70CM deep desk.

The only real criticism I have is with the Smart Fit thing. It comes with a leaflet with no writing, just images of green, red, purple and yellow hands showing each colour and an angle - there's also corresponding green/red/yellow/purple bands on the joint next to the locking nut and an arrow on the other side, but you have to know what this all means. I think its telling you that the best situation is to have the laptop sit at 25 degrees (with the arrow pointing at the green stripe).
review image review image review image review image
on 16 October 2008
What's not to like? It's a solidly made object, with 4 height settings. It it good and stable on the desk with little rubber bits to stop your computer slipping off. It folds flat so it will fit in my bag, so now I can travel anywhere and still have a decent working position.
on 1 April 2010
My 87 year old Mum was getting was having trouble seeing the keys on her new laptop and getting a stiff neck from looking down at the screen. Solution - the Kensington Easy Riser Stand. Result, quicker typing speed and no more sore neck, so now it's hard to stop her 'Googling' all day.

It is lightweight, yet sturdy, easy to set up and pack away. All the laptop's ports and drives are still accessible and ventilation for cooling is excellent. Plus, it has rubber feet, so it doesn't slip aroound and damage my Mum's dining table.

I'll certainly buy one of these for myself if I get a laptop, as it also helps to stop my large hands from accidentally brushing the touchpad.

Every laptop/notebook should have one!
on 6 May 2009
I love this product! i got an 15 inch laptop and it fits perfect!...
i order one for 2 reasons..
1. apparently it makes typing feel more comfortable (Which is true!)
2. to save me some extra space when i want to link my laptop up to my other computer, on my computer table. (saves me alot of space on my computer table.. my laptop use to take up like half of the computer table space, and now it doesn't!)
on 10 November 2009
For a relatively cheap laptop stand, it's pretty good. But it doesn't lift my laptop high enough! With Apple Mac laptops, you can only bend the screens back so far, and so to be able to still view the screen comfortably (i.e. not have it pointing towards me), I have to have the stand on a relatively low setting. I've ended up propping the front up with a couple of thick books, which kind of defeats the object really. Still, it's better than nothing.
on 19 August 2016
Amazing how something quite simple can have a huge impact on your life. I work at home and spend hours on my laptop, as a result I was experiencing shoulder, wrist and neck discomfort from typing onto the flat keyboard. Raising the angle slightly has created a more natural typing position for me. It might not suit absolutely everyone, but I definitely feel far more comfortable using the stand than ever before.
on 22 July 2009
I was having problems with my laptop and heat (Dell Inspiron 6000), I started putting my laptop atop a lever arch file (seriously) to help with the problem but decided I wanted a "proper" solution and boy is this it. The ergonomics are fantastic, this is far beyond just a "piece of plastic" - turn your laptop into a desktop (especially handy if you have an external monitor). Brilliant product.