Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 3 April 2012
I've been eyeing up this watch for a while having previously bought a Casio G Shock and loving it. Anyway I bought it and it's a gorgeous watch. Razor sharp display and the wave ceptor function works perfectly. I checked the time against my G Shock and they both read the exact same time. The watch bezel is has brushed steel on the lug ends and the other sides have a nice shiny chrome finish. I love shiny chrome finishes. I'm deducting a star for the strap. It's a bit on the thin side so I immediately removed it and the watch now sits on a black leather cuff strap. I'm giving myself a star for my great customisation skills!!! A big plus for this particular model is that you can also set the date to display the RIGHT way around! Day first..then month. Every other watch I own uses the US format which I don't like at all. Anyway, if you're thinking of buying this then don't hesitate. Just do it.
33 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2013
I like to know what time it is, so I wear a watch. And I like the time on my watch to be as accurate as possible. So I wear this one.

Simple to use, with a strap that's actually long enough to fit a man's wrist. For those who are bothered, it has world times (though navigating it isn't immediately obvious), an alarm, stopwatch and light. For those of us who can't be bothered removing our watch in the shower, the thing is also waterproof to a usable degree.

It also has a receiver so that it can update itself to the current, accurate, time once a day. It has a rather useless icon on the dial to show when the watch is connected to a transmitter (for updating the time automatically); since this doesn't show up very well, I imagine the primary reason for its presence is so that youngsters can show off the features of the watch to their mates. Not something I have a particular interest in doing now I'm in my fifth decade!
Perhaps Casio might consider improving the look of the face by removing this -- though I won't hold my breath on that one.

The only major flaw in this watch is the 'glass' which is, of course, made of plastic. It scratches immensely easily, which is a dissapointment. Having said that, I've now worn this watch daily for work (in an office) and leisure (including some hardcore gardening!) and there have been no problems with it.

If only it looked a little nicer, I'd be tempted to give it six stars.

For the price, a great buy.
on 15 November 2010
I've had a previous (analogue) radio controlled watch but I wanted a digital one and this fitted the bill. Following the instructions was a doddle, and, as with all previous Casio watches I've had, it does everything it is supposed to. There are two minor drawbacks the first is that the radio contact symbol (in the bottom right corner) doesn't show up well. The second is that the resin strap is a bit too long - in fact it is long enough for the most obese user !! All in all a very satisfactory product.
33 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2015
Great looking watch , easy to set up, keeps perfect time (Atomic time signal received once daily) and all the usual functions you would expect from a casio watch; Countdown timer, stopwatch, daily alarm and so on. One of only a few watches where you can set the date to read Day, month and year, rather than the usual Month Day Year. Also very comfortable to wear, no issues with size either and the backlight is first class,illuminates the whole face.
on 17 November 2016
I like the appearance of this watch, particularly the chromed (?) stainless steel body. As with all radio controlled watches it keeps meticulously accurate time. I cannot comment on the other features: stopwatch, alarm, time around the world as I do not use them.
It operates very similarly to my last Casio Wave Captor, except that scrolling thro time zones is a one way process - there is only an east bound button. If, for example you go to a European city and advance the time via the World Time mode, that is easy, you just press button D once or twice. Coming home is a different story as you have to scroll through all the remaining 46 or 47 cities to get back to London. If you keep button D pressed, however, you can scroll continuously and quickly so it's not such a big deal.
My problem is with the strap. It catches on the sleeve of anything I wear: shirt, jumper, fleece, jacket and getting to tell the time can be a frustrating exercise, whether it is loose or tight. Also, you cannot lie the watch flat, because of the springiness of the strap.
My last such watch had a metallised plastic body and a stainless steel bracelet which was much smoother in operation. After a while the metallising wore off the plastic which then looked cheap and nasty. Pity that bracelet is the wrong size for this watch!
The above features may not put you off, in which case I would recommend it: it's a nice looking very accurate watch.
Although I do like this watch, after a week of wearing it, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it, because of the difficulty of reading it, especially when out and about with multiple layers on.
on 5 July 2012
It has a smart clear nice size square watch face, and very comfortable easy to fasten watch strap. The layout of the face is neatly arranged and each function is clear to see as follows ;
The time and all the other mode readings is large and clear. The date readings on the top quarter portion are clear. The bottom quarter portion shows the day and radio
signal very clearly.The mode setting buttons on both sides are quite easy to operate. Once the time is set it is accurate to one second with accurist phone time service.
I Have not used it abroad yet to test the multi band feature. I consider it very good value for money.
on 11 December 2016
all the essential information is there without pressing buttons. In the manual it states the time signal is transmitted from Rugby in the U.K; not so, it is transmitted from Anthorn in Cumbria, I live 15 miles away, the reception is excellent.
on 23 August 2010
This watch is really great value for the money. Only minus is that the screen can get easily scratched since it's made of plastic.
on 27 January 2014
This is second Casio Wave Ceptor I've had, the first being { round faced }. My original Wave Ceptor has lasted around 36 mths and is still working, with the same Battery. The time is allways right, { checked with the PiPs on the hour with Radio 4 }. I have no hesitation in bying this Squaire Faced model. As always Casio doesn't disappoint, fantastic Timepiece.
on 26 November 2016
This product is working due to the very stong plastic container it was enclosed within and also surrounded in faom. The plastic container is badly idamaged on one corner but there appears to be nothing wrong with its contents - the radio controled watch as shown here? As the watch has a warranty in place and appear to have no external damage I shall retain the item and work with the warrenty until it expires, hopefully it will remain working for the lentgth of the time of the warranty at least?

See one answered question