on 2 March 2009
The drive performs very well with great read and write speeds. Its very light and the retractable usb connection is a handy feature so you dont need any caps that can get lost. The seemless weight does feel prone to easy breakage, but continual use and kept in a laptop bag, it proves to be robust as does the retractable port. The stick also has a nice warm orange glow that blinks slow when in use and simply glows when it remains plugged in.

If you plan on using this stick in conjuntion with your netbook to install an operating system by making this drive bootable then you may run into problems as this drive is U3 enabled. Get a bog standard drive for this purpose to save any hassle - though i have configured this eventually to work fine.

Sandisk is a well known brand, and will likely outlive cheapo brand usb sticks.

Overall:

Performance 5/5
Build: 4/5
Value: 5/5
on 30 January 2009
I purchased two of these and the transfer rate is very good,what I was not prepared for was the hassle trying to get all the free stuff off this which has proved nearly impossible,buy with caution with this product once installed it will install all sorts which i did not want and despite many hours and visiting many forums I have managed to format the thing and I use it as an ordinary memory stick
The most annoying thing for me is the toolbar on the shield once its there you will not be able to get it off,well if you can let me know how to get it off my system.
To send these back is at your cost and its not worth it so its the auction for these whilst I look for an alternative without this U3 technology I dont like it and dont want it
It may be great but its not for me.
on 26 April 2017
Purchased 10 years ago and still use this USB. Still going strong and use it for my everyday use. Amazing product and SanDisk never fail. Best products by a huge margin. Would recommend to anyone to get this.
on 5 July 2010
I have always liked the cruzer storage devices and have had the 1Gb and 4Gb cruzers before this one. This one is proving to be as hassle free as all before and I would recommend to anyone that likes a fast storage device where you don't have to remember where you put the little cap off the USB connector to get one of these. The slider has never failed me yet and always locks when opened so that you can insert with confidence and then retract once removed from the computer and straight into the pocket without any worries.
on 16 February 2010
I have long wished I could keep all the data on my PC safe from prying eyes. At last I have found a way. This SanDisk Cruzer does just that. All my files are safely stored on the USB Cruzer, and they are password protected too. Now I can put the USB device in any computer, any where and have access to all of my files. And when I eject the USB, there is nothing of mine left on the PC. I highly recommend this ScanDisk Cruzier USB as a backup device too. I have two of them, and back the 'master' to the 'backup', thus keeping my data safe at all times.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 July 2009
Does what it says, BUT.. why the flashing light, pulsating away endlessly ?
San disk does seem intent to give us freebie s/w like a s/w vault but what I want from a USB key is the ability to store data. Nothing more, nothing less. But, as said, it works and works fine and the retractable connector makes lost connector cover caps a thing of the past. Hence my 4*.
on 1 July 2008
First of all, I'd like to mention that I've owned by Cruzer Micro for about 2 years - I only have the 2GB version but thought I'd review on here seeing as this is an awesome price for a high quality memory stick.

Ever since getting this bit of kit its worked a treat, despite being plastic, its VERY durable. By being plastic, its also VERY light, I've many times thought I may have lost it, as its so small and light in my pocket! Not sure if thats a good thing!

Also, the USB slider feature is very good - one would think that the slider may get a bit flimsy and loose after much use, but this is not the case, its still as tightly locked and good to use as the first day I got it.

And beleive me, I got this about half way through my college course and it got very vigorous and rough use - being slapped in and out of many machines - and it has never been a problem.

It has always been attached to my key ring along with many other keys and the small metal key ring attached to the stick is still in one peice - I think because it is metal, and so small - it is actually stronger than it looks.

When the USB section is snugly tucked away, it is still exposed to air, but its concealed enough to be safe, and what harm is a little dust going to do, I've NEVER once had to blow dust out of the end of mine and it still works first time every time.

One thing I'd also like to mention is that someone mentioned if you google "sandisk cruzer doesn't work" then you get lots of hits... most of these hits are about problems with the U3 technology and on various models of memory stick.

I never really used the U3 features so can't comment on that.

Hope this helps.

5/5 for sure.
0Comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2013
Very good when I got it some time ago but file sizes seem to increase year by year and it has become a bit small for ordinary use. Still good to pas on 1 or 2 files to another person.
on 14 May 2017
Wonderful little memory stick! I have been using it every day for the last 9 years and it hasn't failed me yet.
on 21 October 2014
arrived quick works no problems