Customer reviews

on 12 March 2017
I enjoy the sound of the cello, but am aware that different styles and tempos of playing affect how much I enjoy it. I bought a highly recommended (by reviews) CD of the Bach Cello Suites played by Heinrich Schiff which turned out to be not quite right for me - the tempo a little fast and just something about it. However, the version I got (for £1 from a charity shop!) performed by Paul Tortelier is marvellous - so it's all a matter of taste. Having bought this box set of Jacqueline Du Pre, I couldn't be more pleased. Some composers I enjoy more than others, and I have been introduced to Max Bruch, but the quality of sound and playing throughout is very good and I would recommend it highly.
on 19 January 2017
A Xmas present for a friend. She said that the quality of the recordings is superb which says it all really.
on 28 April 2010
I can only say that this is a magical collection and at such a bargain price.

The reviewer with the £30,000 hi-fi system is spot-on: the quality is superb and the music is just so alive.

There are also some hidden delights in the collection that I wouldn't normally have come across.

Highly reccomended.
10 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2013
It was and is wonderful, arrived on time, good quality, and how can one not love listening to Mrs. Barenboim, as she was at the time?!
on 30 December 2012
this made a wonderful christmas present for my daughter who is learning to play the cello. it made her very happy
on 22 December 2010
At the price this set of quality recordings is almost a giveaway. An essential addition to any music lovers collection.
on 12 March 2010
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said other than this is probably the best bargain buy that I have ever made even although I already had several of the recordings. Do yourself a favour and buy this set for your collection.
5 people found this helpful
on 8 February 2015
A wonderful tribute to a great artist
on 30 September 2011
This box contains both old favourites and complete surprises, all played by Jacqueline du Pre Lovely music, lovely recording. Highly recommended.
on 14 December 2011
These are historic recordings and worth having from that point alone. However they are also available at a bargain price! Not to be missed!