Customer reviews

on 3 July 2016
My hamster figured out how to climb out in a matter of minutes. Don't recommend for hamsters
review image
on 22 March 2016
Great for the price but a few caveats.

Some guinea pigs will be fine with this run, others won't as it's rather short. Ours are old and don't tend to want to escape from spaces so they were fine. They're not climbers or jumpers.

1) Closures - It's all too easy for the run to fall apart as you're trying to slot the sides together. It's designed as a tooth and eyelet closure. I attempted to bend the tooth around with pliers to make more eyelets but it bends poorly and chips off the plastic coating.

2) Unable to fold it when fastened - Due to the design of the closures, it doesn't lend well to be folded up when fastened. You have to unslot every side to lie it flat.

3) Plastic coating flakes off easily - Be wary if your pet is a nibbler!

Overall this was a good buy for our needs but it's far from perfect. Great for the price but would probably invest in something more sturdy in the future.
review image
on 17 September 2017
It works in a sense, I'm not sure if it's just my one but it's hard to get the pieces to fit and one of the pieces were not bent properly so it wouldn't hold. Because of this it didn't make the shape I wanted it was all over the place so it had corners they jump onto. My gerbils are capable of jumping out but I was expecting this as they can jump quite high.
on 30 August 2017
Very small and links very loosely. Comes apart if u breathe on it. It will have to do now but i won't get more and only recommend if u have tiny calm animals or they will bust out in no time.
on 27 August 2017
A couple of the bars were bent so dwarf hamsters could squeeze through and escape at first so had to try and bend them back into place. It's OK but they don't really enjoy it, just spend all their time chewing the bars and trying to get out.
on 23 January 2013
I have various types of animals and out of curiosity I tested them all in it. The hamster and mouse and rats climbed over it in a matter of seconds, the guinea pigs and rabbits can unhook it.
It's a product product then really isn't it.
It's not sturdy and the colours are not as advertised, they're dull and more mucky colours.

I bought this a while ago and only now figured out how to write a review, its been sat under my bed ever since!
on 5 June 2017
Once fitted together it isn't very secure so not easy to move around as it just falls apart - in addition it really isn't that much use for hamsters who are very good at climbing as our hamster worked out very quickly how to just climb up the bars and out! I guess I didn't think too much about the bars when I got it, just assumed it was fit for purpose ... which it isn't. Very disappointed.
on 10 August 2014
Either my hamster is an escape artist or this play pen is not designed with agile rodents in mind. She manages to climb over the top and also unclip the connecting parts and escape through the gap. She enjoys being in it to play but you have to keep a real close eye on her in the process. Not designed for syrian hamsters om afraid =/
on 29 August 2017
My guinea pig Ronnie loves it , it's so colourful , I was doubtful at first because Ronnie is a large guinea pig and not 1 yet ..brilliant product ..
review image review image
on 17 August 2017
Very good run for my guinea pigs may possibly buy another one to make it bigger