on 2 April 2014
Watched this film as it was voted one of the 500 greatest films by empire. It wasn't a bad film and enjoyed it a lot more than other films I have seen on the 5oo greatest films. Some parts of the film where funny. The general story line of the film was easy to follow and a good story. I would say the film was worth a watch. I haven't seen the newer Walter Mitty so I don't know how the old version compares to the new.
on 14 February 2018
Danny Kaye is a wonderful actor and I enjoy watching any film he appears in, however I can't give this film more than five stars as I was a little disappointed with the rather weak storyline.
on 30 December 2013
It is the first film made about the book "The secret life of Walter Mitty"; Now we can see the remake.
the first film is very funny, much more and complete than the book indeed. Well played, good actors, humour. You must see it before seeing the remake. A good moment to spend.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 September 2016
I have always thought that this was the best of Danny Kaye's films. Based on Thurber's short story the different characters that Mitty dreams up for himself are so well caricatured as to be little masterpieces of cliche.
on 8 October 2017
Really enjoyable film. Much better than the updated version which was utter rubbish. Danny Kaye as funny as you ever.
on 29 March 2017
This was a gift for my son. Great film.
on 27 April 2017
Once again great movie clean fun no swearing no violence
on 25 July 2016
OK BUT DIDNT FIND IT AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT WHEN I FIRST SAW IT AS A YOUNGSTER
on 2 September 2016
Great film when I was young. Seems dated now. Still a classic. Nostalgia trip.
on 30 June 2016
An excellent film that I've been looking for for years. Danny Kaye at his best.