Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 19 December 2016
If you've seen Pam Ayres in the flesh you'll know exactly what to expect ... it's all here.

Her live shows are hilarious and all the cleverer for a total lack of razzamatazz. She stands at the front of the stage on a small square of carpet with a little table by her side on which stand a lamp and a glass of water. She delivers all her poems and monologues with very little in the way of animation, but she's all the funnier for it!
on 27 April 2017
I just love Pam Ayres, I love everything about her - the type of poetry she writes, the way she puts her poems across and, of course,
her wonderful sense of humour. I love her mischievous grin whenever she says something ever so slightly risqué. She always gets
the balance right and never goes too far. Inuendo, which Pam does so well, is so much funnier and more subtle than being too explicit.
on 30 April 2017
Great British poet and comedian, a single standup performance. Brilliant.
on 30 May 2017
very good
on 31 October 2013
I have loved Pam Ayres and this DVD was deliverd promptly and it was reasonablly priced. I love the DVD. She is so funny. I will recommend it to anyone.. Don't hesitate. Buy it.
Nava Young
on 18 April 2015
Laughed till I cried
on 29 August 2017
Very fuuny
on 7 November 2011
Thoroughly recommend this DVD to all Pam Ayres fans and fans
of Comic verse. Most people can relate to the content of her
witty and often true to life observations,told in her endearing
Oxfordshire accent and will watch it again
and again. Yes, Pam Ayres at her best - just enjoy !!
on 4 February 2012
We ordered this after seeing Pam Ayres live and, once again, laughed 'til we cried, especially at "Guppy's Camp". Just the thing for livening up a cold Winter's evening!
on 16 January 2014
I heard about her latest book and became aware of the video when purchasing the book though Amazon. It was a smart buy. I gave it to my wife and she enjoyed the simple and mischievous humour greatly. Today we had meeting of "Friends and Neighbours" at my home, and nine women roared with laughter for a half hour. You could not entertain women of a certain age to many of todays DVRs
This one did the trick.