on 28 March 2009
Silicon Bakeware Tray 12-Cup Muffin (Diameter 6.7cm cup)

WOW!!! This is the first silicone cup cake cooking tray I have bought and what a difference!! It is particularly good for making savoury muffins in as the cheese always sticks to cases when cooking. With this you cook, push them out and put them into a clean case and they are then easy to eat with no peeling out and getting messy!!!. Best thing I have bought in years!!
I had been reluctant to try these new silicone based bakeware. I was not sure they would stand up to my old tried and true cupcake/muffin pans. I was given these two pans to use and review, and I am now a convert. Excellent instructions and directions were included with these two muffin pans.

This silicone bakeware is made of FDA-approved food grade silicone and is PBA free. There is no greasing of pans needed. The removal from the pans is surprisingly easy. The end result is even baking with no burns. The best part is I can bake and store the muffins in the freezer in the pan. Bake as usual, no particular temperature differential is needed.
You can wash these pansy in the dishwasher or wash by hand.

I made blueberry muffins in these pans. I have been baking for a long time and these are the best blueberry muffins. They browned a little more evenly and tasted superb!

King Arthur Flour's Basic Muffins

2 cups Round Table Pastry Flours or King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil or softened butter (optional)*
2 large eggs

*If you leave the oil out, you can reduce the calories in your muffins by about 30%; the flavor will still be excellent, but muffins won't be quite as tender, and won't keep as well should you happen to have any left over.

Summer is berry time, and berry-studded muffins are a special treat. Simply add 1 1/2 cups of berries (or fruit -- peaches, apples, etc. -- finely chopped and well drained) to our basic muffin recipe. To make sure berries stay evenly distributed throughout the batter, add the berries to the dry ingredients and mix until coated before adding the liquid ingredients. This prevents them from sinking once the liquids are blended in.

Preheat your oven to 450 F.

Blend together the dry ingredients as long and as vigorously as you want. If you use a little whole wheat flour in your mixture, it's easy to tell when everything is thoroughly mixed.

Beat the liquid ingredients together -- milk, oil or butter, and eggs -- until they are light. If you have a 2-cup liquid measure (one with a lip above the 2-cup mark) it makes mixing the liquid ingredients very easy. Most eggbeaters will fit right in the cup, so you can use it both as a measure, and as a small mixing bowl.

Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Take a fork or wire whisk and blend the two for 20 seconds -- no more! The secret to light and tender muffins lies in this final blending. It's OK if you've left some lumps that look as if they want more stirring; they really don't. So, no matter how hard it is, resist the impulse.

Fill cups of a lightly greased muffin tin two-thirds to three-quarters full. Place muffins in the oven and immediately drop temperature to 400°F*. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until muffins test done. Yield: 12 muffins, 24 mini-muffins, or six "crown" muffins.

*When you put muffins in a very hot oven and immediately drop the temperature, you help create the high peaks that make them so appealing.

Nutrition information per serving (1 muffin, 63 g): 161 cal, 6 g fat, 4 g protein, 16 g complex carbohydrates, 8 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 47 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 66 mg potassium, 1 mg iron, 124 mg calcium, 72 mg phosphorus.

Recommended. prisrob. 06-20-14
on 1 August 2011
I enjoy baking cupcakes & individual little pies of all descriptions and already have a good selection of tins & trays so didn't really need or fancy using silicone bakeware. Decided to try it however simply because its sometimes tricky to remove those little pies from my conventional tins without breaking them.
Happy to say I was delighted with the results, not only were they a doddle to remove but the pastry seemed to have baked more evenly.
The only downside I've found is that they aren't as easy to clean as you would imagine. I was surprised to find that 'egg wash' or a 'leaky pie filling' seems to actually stain the silicone and is quite difficult to remove.
Not going to let it bother me though because the benefits outweigh that slight drawback.
on 18 February 2009
Brilliant buy, I still use paper cake cases for cakes, (they do tend to stick if i don't, but tarts come out lovely. Very easy to clean.
on 1 March 2010
The wife wanted a couple of these as she's been bitten by the cupcake making bug (What's wrong with fairy cakes?!)
I was rather skeptical regarding her request for a pair of these, I was expecting silicone to melt in the oven, and thus be about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

These cases produce perfectly formed cupcakes which are easy to release from their casing due to the flexiblilty of the silicone, its an advantage over the metal ones. Cleaning the silicone tray is also a doddle as its easier to scrape off any hardened excess mixture.

My wife is so impressed that she's now wanting to replace her sandwich tins with silicon ones.
I actually don't mind her spending all this money when it means I get to sample her baked goods.

Spread the word, silicone baking products are the future!
on 12 November 2010
Fantastic, this is the best muffin tray I've ever tried! You do not need to put any butter, just put the dought in and cook and they come out perfectly once baked :-)
on 3 September 2009
Fantastic product. I would have preferred a blue tray (as shown on the website) and was a bit surprised when a pink one was delivered. The product is nevertheless great. No complaints there!
on 2 May 2015
I use these with paper cases as they do leave quite a lot of cake behind when getting them out, even with cake release, they need a baking sheet/tray underneath whilst in the oven. They are easy to clean and cool down really quick for handling after cooking.
on 28 December 2015
My nutritionist recommended I get some of these to make individual crustless quiches and they work an absolute treat! I read loads of reviews and wasn't sure what to expect but they held their shape well and made it so easy to get the mini quiches out of the tray. You do have to put an oven tray under them as the silicon is very flexible. They are easy to clean as well. I'm sold! I've just ordered a silicon loaf pan to make my wheat free bread in! I also really like the idea that no nastiness that you get from metal will be on the cooked food.
on 4 March 2016
Much nicer than I expected. This muffin/cup cake tray was much firmer than I expected it to be. However I did place it into a metal tray when putting it into the oven - this help to stop the egg mixture from slopping all over the place, as I moved it from kitchen surface to oven. (I was making mini crustless quiches) It made lovely mini quiches, perfect for my new healthy way of living. One day I might also try chocolate muffins.