on 20 April 2010
I could not recommend this radio. The only reason it was not returned was that we were in the midst of decorating and the paperwork went awol. The CD player constantly returns to the beginning sometimes after 1 or 2 minutes, sometimes half way through the CD!! The high pitched buzz means it has to be switched off when not in use. None of these faults appeared immediately so we bought the smaller without a cd version as a bedside alarm from which there is a constant noise, unfortunately its right at my side of the bed!! I, like one of your other buyers wish I had read the reviews, but actually we purchased it January 2009 so maybe there weren't that many reviews?

It looks good, I like its shape, colour - we have the silvered version, the radio is good and I like the way it sorts itself out after the plug has been replaced in the morning. Apart from that, sorry...would not buy this again.
on 11 February 2010
I know this model has been superseded and is now very old in technological terms; but it's brilliant and does what I need it to. I have a reconditioned model and it's impossible to tell that it's not brand new.

It's easy to use, small, and clarity of listening is great. Superb value for money.

UPDATE

Unfortunately the cd player stopped working after 8 months, nicely outside the 6-month warranty period, and from other reviews I've read I understand this to be quite a common problem which has stopped me from buying another one. I now have a Bush DAB CD player which cost me £30-ish new. Doesn't have the aux function but I barely used that anyway. Big shame.
on 7 October 2008
I bought this as a compact occassional use cd / dab player for the bedroom, but have been so incredibly impressed with it that I have it in my sitting room! From the moment I took it out of the box, the quality just spoke volumes. Plug it in and it automatically knows the time abd the date! Brilliant search on the DAB, nothing you cant get (and I live in Devon). I have not heard any hum that others mention. The only drawback I would say is that the sound quality is very slightly tinny, but that is down to its tiny compact size. Very impressed with this, excellent quality at a very good price. I would definitely buy more Pure products.
on 24 September 2009
Spent ages looking for the best compact DAB radio with built in CD player and aux in and this was just about the only option!
Not a bad price for the features you get and as we've come to expect from Pure the sound quality is fantastic even from a compact little player.
This was chosen for my parents who aren't the most tech savvy but they found it quick and easy to use so that's testament to it being well designed.
Nice tiny little remote too.
Really not got a bad word to say about this, I guess the CD option is probably a little outdated now but it's good for those with an existing collection they still want to use, while the aux in still lets you use your phone or mp3 player without having to mess about with Bluetooth.
on 28 February 2009
I have tried twice to get on with this product. First time, CD player produced a high pitched whine after use. Only way to stop it was to open the lid, so I couldn't doze off listening to a CD, as the noise would wake me later. I returned it and got a replacement. On this the plug unit made an irritating noise when the unit is on standby, (noise was like the distant call of crickets!) not good for a clock alarm that is on standby overnight. Seems like a good product for a kitchen, where these noises would not be so obvious. I liked the look of it, and the sound quality was not bad. Agree with the comments about there being too many buttons and the unit being so light it moves when the buttons are pressed, but I was getting used to that. Due to the noise, however, I have given up now and requested a refund.
on 3 April 2010
So far so good this arrived extremely quickly and is working perfectly at the moment so I am very happy with the quality, the service and the item itself.
I am a little concerned that the refurbished items only come with shorter guarantee.
PURE Chronos CD DAB/FM/CD/MP3 Stereo Clock Radio - Black
on 10 January 2008
In our strong signal area, DAB reception is perfect; crystal clear with no breakup of the signal whatsoever.

The display, when set appropriately, brightens when there is ambient light and dims to a very low level in the dark - fantastic feature for use in a bedroom.

One previous review mentioned that there was mains hum, but there is none from the device I bought, so if this had been a problem before, they have obviously fixed it - my unit is extremely quiet.
on 10 July 2013
I purchased it mainly to improve radio reception quality, for which I am not in the least disappointed.
However, the clock is a let down; and I need to use another clock to provide the time.
on 18 September 2009
I read a lot of reviews on this item and felt it would be right for me and it certainly is. The sound is excellent, I have mine in black and it is very stylish, it is in my kitchen and fits in a corner really well, I am more than pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone a modern looking and good sounding piece of equipment.
on 23 February 2014
Small and looks good. It plays loud enough to annoy the neighbours without distorting the sound quality!! Has good features such as DAB radio, which I use the most.