on 26 June 2010
The game was done by people different to those who've done the first game, so it was very different.
There were many things I didn't approve of:
-The Prince's absolute EMOOOOOOOOOOOO-ness. He was just so...angry.
-The constant breasts and derriere's that were stuck in my face and were not 'sexy' at all. I mean come on.
-The heavy metal music on every.single.thing.you.do. I appreciate a bit of metal, but not when it pounds in your ears ALL the time!
-The story, I guess, wasn't as good as the first game
However, there were good things, very good things, and I had to play The Two Thrones first to actually bring some of those forward:
-The combat is aweeessommmeeeee. It's great and it's obviously much better than the combat in the sands of time
-The story in itself is pretty cool, too
-The fact that you can go back to places you have been to - was vital for my getting of all the life upgrades.
-Improvement on the graphics from the first game, obviously
-A good range of new enemies
-The availability of 2 endings

In general, it's awesome, get it and you won't regret it - at least not for this price! :P
on 19 March 2013
1. Released in 2004, POP WW did not support my MS 360 XPad (released 2005). I was able to map the controls, but in play the game kept exiting to the in-game menu. POP WW did play okay on my Logitech F310 when set to D-Input mode. I say okay because even set at fastest (2.0), on screen response times were slower than I usally get set at 1.0.
2. The game has a MEGA, repeat MEGA bug. It is FATAL. Worse, if you do trip it, it cuts in just before the final boss fight - you get left behind when you shove Kaileena through the last time portal and are stuck with nowhere left to go. The bug is tripped by using the same time portal twice. This is easy to do in the early part of the game before you get a grip on the layout. The in-game map is no help. I tripped the bug the 1st time I played, 2nd run through I double-checked my play against an on-line walk through, and everything went fine.

Otherwise, I have played all the POP games - and this was my favourite. Less linear than the others, requiring a good mix of platforming and battle skills. I agree with the comments re the Heavy Metal sound track, and the wonky camera angles, and the occasional (non-fatal) but annoying bug - mine was an issue with rewinding time - the Prince froze so all I could do was exit and start again from my last save. Game Pad problem maybe?

Anything else? Oh yes. Make sure subtitles are turned on. There is a section where the voice-over is missing.
on 29 January 2013
I like Prince of Persia but for some reason it looks like the graphics have gone backwards compard to the original Prince of Persia game.