Format: DVD|Change

on 7 May 2010
This is a beautifully made film for all the family which takes the well-loved Grimm's fairy tale and adds imaginative touches of humour
and adventure. It is ideal viewing for christmas or a sunday afternoon. Some scenes, however, may be a little frightening for younger
children
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2010
"Hansel and Gretel" is pleasantly relaxing family viewing. It's a sort of made-for-TV pantomime. It makes no attempt at any sort of reality and is quite "tongue in cheek", but fun. If you enjoy Pantomimes and watch it in that spirit you'll like it. Low-brow yes, but well written and put together. It's a lot better than a great many US made melodramatic family movies.
on 15 February 2011
I bought this DVD for my 3 year daughter who went to see the show in the theatre. She really enjoyed the movie as did my 5 year old son.
on 7 May 2014
I bought this for our three year old grandchildren . I was very unhappy with DVD I thought it was going to be the story as we know it. It was all funny characters in it. Would definitely no recommend it my girls were petrified
on 15 October 2013
this is a well palyed film for all the family if you have heard stories of the sandman and the boogie monster and fairy stories you will love this film it has something for all the family i love dakota fanning movies 'she is a little girl who her father reads the story of hansel and gretel to the story is magical and some bits seem scary but it all goes well in the end'
on 31 January 2014
this was a xmas present for my 3yr old as she loves the story of hansel and gretal i thought she would be excited to watch the film....she had it on for half hour but did not show much interest, however my 6yr old found it more interesing. I think i will try again when she is a bit older.
on 31 January 2014
I bought this to watch with my daughter and we were looking forward to it. I really had better expectations than this. We thought the acting was very amateurish and overdone and combined with the weak script, it felt more like a pantomime than a film. I'm not an intolerant person but I found the characters more than a little annoying. Even though you don't want to frighten kids half to death, you do still expect the acting to have a small hint of realism and credibility, even if the storyline is a fairytale (We have seen a couple of variations of Jack and the Beanstalk etc done very well). We were both very disappointed with the film and wished we hadn't bothered with it at all.
on 11 December 2013
Opportunity missed to create a timeless classic. Very irritating characters added that were loud and brash. What I thought would be a charming film for my child was not
on 9 January 2013
My five year old didn't want to watch this as he thought it was boring, I thought it was a truly awful film with littel relevance to the whole Hansel and Gretel story. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!
on 29 August 2011
this was a very cheap rubbish set out of a film . the actors were the worst iv seen and the story line was the worst hansel and gretel we have came across not worth a look at all better to find a diffrent one..