Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Platform: Nintendo DS|Edition: Standard Edition|Change
Price:£39.99+ Free shipping

on 2 December 2007
This game is extremely well suited to the DS (unlike most of the others allegedly designed for it).

- Once you've passed the first chapter of Episode I, all episodes are unlocked. No getting stuck and having nothing to do!

- The mini games mean that at least as much use is made of the bottom screen as the top. There're also mini stylus games throughout the main gameplay.

- Simple system for operating your characters and you can swap characters to use different powers both in story mode and in free play.

- It literally is impossible to die permanently. You lose lego credits if you die, but once you get to 0, you're just reborn automatically. Also doesn't matter if you kill your partner by mistake!

- The free play mode means you can play as pretty much any character you like (provided you've bought them at the bar). I'm playing as Count Dooku at the moment. Awesome. And yes, you can play as Yoda! Although Han's backward blaster firing has to be the coolest thing ever.

- Although the levels aren't that challenging to complete, you can go back over them in free play mode to find the mini game bricks and other extras with other characters.

This is an involving, well though out game with lots of mileage and little frustration potential. Totally suitable for all age groups and abilities.

Oh, and you can destroy Jar Jar in the Cantina. That's got to be a winner..!
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2010
I bought this for my 5 year old son when he first got his DSi.
First of all it's fantastic value for money. He's a great Star Wars fan but I thought this lego version would be more suited to his age than the other Star Wars DS game available.
He absolutely loves it. I'd tell you about all the different levels that he's been able to unlock, the many different characters that he plays and all about the mini games but truth be told it's all beyond me and far too complicated for a middle aged mum.
What I can say is that I'm amazed at what he can do on it and what he's taught himself to do. 6 months on and he's still discovering new things, tricks and exciting adventures. It keeps him amused for hours. It does provide him with a good challenge but it's not so difficult that he gets frustrated. He gets the reward of completing missions and he also thoroughly understands the Star Wars saga now and role plays what he's done on the DS when I finally manage to get it off him and he goes out for normal play. I can't recommend this enough!
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2008
Lego Star Wars for the DS is a fun filled game that will provide a challenge while at the same time not prove so demanding that you will never get the chance to complete the game.

After completing the first mission all levels are unlocked and you are free to play any of the 6 episodes you wish. Some characters are available from the outset while others become available on the completion of the various levels. (providing you can afford them at the bar)

Mini games provide a worthwhile distraction as does the ability to replay completed missions with any character in your inventory. This will allow you to pick up the red bricks and mini kits you may have missed on the first or second time round.

Although I was initially hooked I do feel this game is limited in two respects:

1. It is very easy to complete the missions.

2. Once completed it didn't leave me wanting to go back and complete each mission to 100%. Yes it is fun to select your own choice of character for free play but this novelty soon wears of.

All in all this is a good game and I feel it is probably one of the better games I have played on the DS. The ability to play with all the characters of the Star Wars series and fly some of the ships and a unique use of the touch screen allows, in my opinion, for a solid 4 stars.
on 12 January 2008
As the title of the review suggests, this is probably one of the best games for DS, aside Nintendogs, Mario Kart, Super Mario Brothers and Animal Crossing. This is a fun, challenging game that requires thinking and fast reactions, ok, so the graphics aren't brilliant the secuirity panel minigames are quite hard. But apart from these two annoying things, the game is brilliant. I have played the PS2 version but this is different. When I first got it my sister hated the look of it, but now i have trouble prising it from her grip. I have four things to say about this game:
1.Buy this game.
2.If you get stuck on the deflection minigame (I did) just practice alot (This worked for me.)
3. On the level named cloud city trap, the red brick is in the chandeleir in the room with the table in it , you have to shoot it to get it out. I put this hint here because that red brick was the hardest to get.
4. Buy this game.

Thanks for reading.
on 20 May 2009
Great game with so many levels. A lot of extreme action in it. A lot of fighting and many different weapons and characters. Not a lot of reading, more gameplaying than usual. Highly recommended by me. George 10 years old.
on 19 November 2007
It has the same pedigree as the previous lego star wars games, thsi time it encapsulates all the episodes combined with all the fun of lego. Highly recommended, this is a fun, well thought out action game, a stand out title for the ds.
22 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2014
Having very nearly only just missed out myself on the part of ArtooDeeThreePeeOh in the first place as something of a child actor, you may have seen me in programmes such as The Tomorrow People (as Rudge), Blake's 7 (as Deltoyd), and possibly even Angels (child with head injury), a part mad famous off course by the sybaritic Ann Phony Spaniels, I cont (carfuel!) myself a massive Star Wars fan, so couldn't possibly miss out on this game also as an avid lego collector and I cannot say I was disappointed at all with this brilliant game. What's funny as well as that as a boy we used to live nearby to Peter Mayhew the huge man who eventually became Chubacker the hair beast (Wucky) in Keighley, home of he Brotne Sisters, railway chdildren and Wayne Dentith. Smorl Whirled.
on 10 February 2010
I got this game for my ds at xmas.I can't stop playing it!Its so addictive! Its really fun because you can dress characters up!E.g:Darth Vader head with a pistol gun and a Stormtrooper body!Its fun! The game takes quite a while to load though and you have to complete loads of episodes before you can unlock any of the minigames.But there is a choice of loads of well known characters, and if you dress up a character you can play with him/her in an episode! Also,when you have completed an episode you can go back and play it in free play not just story mode.Overall I'd give it a 4 1/2 star rating.Not bad graphics too. Thanks for reading! ;)
on 25 November 2009
My nine year old son thinks this is a brilliant game !
He was worried at first because he couldn't figure out some strategic moves but all of a sudden he got so involved in it he was away. I had to try and limit the time he spent on it in the end because he enjoys playing it so much. Hopefully you or your children will feel the same.
VINE VOICEon 30 October 2008
So we all love Star Wars, but it's suffered from some slightly ropey video games. But this one is ace. It's very easy to pick up. It's funny but it's also gerat fun. It has replay value, entertainment value and fits in your pocket (well, it does when it's in the DS. If it's not in the DS then the cartridge will fit anywhere.

It's surprisingly addictive. Easy to play through, but much harder to do all the other tasks - finding red bricks, minikit parts etc is tough. So this is highly recommended