Top positive review
101 people found this helpful
Excellent game for the DS
on 2 December 2007
This game is extremely well suited to the DS (unlike most of the others allegedly designed for it).
- Once you've passed the first chapter of Episode I, all episodes are unlocked. No getting stuck and having nothing to do!
- The mini games mean that at least as much use is made of the bottom screen as the top. There're also mini stylus games throughout the main gameplay.
- Simple system for operating your characters and you can swap characters to use different powers both in story mode and in free play.
- It literally is impossible to die permanently. You lose lego credits if you die, but once you get to 0, you're just reborn automatically. Also doesn't matter if you kill your partner by mistake!
- The free play mode means you can play as pretty much any character you like (provided you've bought them at the bar). I'm playing as Count Dooku at the moment. Awesome. And yes, you can play as Yoda! Although Han's backward blaster firing has to be the coolest thing ever.
- Although the levels aren't that challenging to complete, you can go back over them in free play mode to find the mini game bricks and other extras with other characters.
This is an involving, well though out game with lots of mileage and little frustration potential. Totally suitable for all age groups and abilities.
Oh, and you can destroy Jar Jar in the Cantina. That's got to be a winner..!