Price:£9.84+ £2.03 shipping

on 29 September 2007
Singstar is a very frustrating animal. Whilst we love its' very reasonable low, low prices and frequent release dates, the themes and song choices are very hit-and-miss. I'm pleased to say that Rock Ballads is certainly one of the better choices.
'Songs from the Movies', 'Power Ballads' or 'Don't Buy This if You Don't like 80's Music' would surely have been more appropriate, but I'm digressing.
We don't expect new features with Singstar though they have boldly placed two Roxette and Mr. Mister tracks on one disc which works rather well actually. 'Time After Time' (Cyndi Lauper), 'Black Velvet' (Allanah Myles) and 'How You Remind Me' (Nickelback) are worthy additions along with timeless classics like 'I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight' (Cutting Crew), 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now' (Starship) and 'Ordinary World' (Duran Duran) will have you keeping the neighbours awake until all hours.
Quite how Sugababes managed to get on "Rock Ballads" would be quite a mystery unless you understood Sony's deal with their Island record label, and another Poison song is not a welcome contribution either.
All in all it's possibly the strongest Singstar yet and nowhere near as difficult as 'Pop Hits'. My only gripe would be Sony's constant pushing back of Singstar PS3 to accomodate the likes of this and the newly-announced 'R&B' and 'Bollywood (let's see if Sugababes make that one :p)', this despite not featuring any of the PS2 catalogue on the new disc... but that argument's for another day. 9/10 CM
on 15 September 2007
I have all of the singstar games (they're like a guilty pleasure) but you usually find some unusual choices of song that aren't quite up to the standard of the others. With this release though, all of the songs are brilliant and I can't wait to add it to my collection!
If you havent tried singstar before now is the time. You'll find that even the most reluctant singers get addicted if you can force them to have a go. It really is great fun, especially for adults if alcohol is involved and you get a bit of a friendly competition on the go!
on 11 October 2007
Since I bought my first SingStar title - 80s - I've been hooked on the game and one by one all my friends have fallen for its charms too.

In my opinon SingStar Rock Ballads is the best yet! I don't think we've found a song we didn't know or like, even though at first glance it might have seemed that way.
on 15 October 2007
In my opinion, this is the best Singstar by far. One of my favorite tracks is Meatloaf. When you've had a bad day, you can really give it your all.
on 28 September 2007
Between myself and my friend we have all the singstars and quite often we get the girls round for a few drinks and then we sing the night away. Singstar has to be the best thing around and this new one is brilliant, I love it. Keep them coming.
on 31 January 2013
Amazing tracks to sing along to, apart from one or two suspect choices, considering it is a rock ballad compilation. Never the less, a really good choice of songs both easy to sing, and those which leave your vocal chords aching!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 August 2008
This is definitely my favourite of the singstars - I was excited about the track listings as I knew all of the songs but they are actually more challenging than you'd first think! Great picks singstar!
on 21 December 2009
If you are a fan of Singstar you have to buy this game. I have almost all the Singstar games and this is probably my favourite the tracks I like best are:
Stereophonics - Dakota
Snow Patrol - Run
The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
Keane - Everybodys Changing
I wouldn't say all the songs are 'rock' and would have expected some heavy metal bands such as ACDC or Guns and Roses to feature but that said I still enjoy this game.
Singstar is my only reason for keeping this console as all other games I purchase are on Xbox 360 or Wii
on 25 July 2013
works great and its tough too in perfect condition i was pleasantly surpized .
looks better in real life than it does on the picture
on 1 July 2013
VERY LOVELY..I COULD SING ALL NIGHT..MY KIDS LOVE IT VERY MUCH..MY FRIENDS AND I ALSO LOVE TO SING TOO..