on 27 April 2015
Atmospheric and haunting. Takes some liberties with historical truth, but it nevertheless captures the terrors not only of the age in religious/ political terms, but also personal sense of loss that E1 felt. A sad study of ageing in many ways.
on 7 March 2018
Great Film and great acting. Love it.
on 12 September 2016
Another great dvd movie I love to watch these films at my leisure with nibbles! Great value for money and a brilliant actressCate Blanchett.
Lancet
on 5 December 2016
I got this for my wife for X mas She will love it As she been looking at it on line for some time She don't know that I got it for her
on 1 February 2015
Love historical drama. Really enjoyed Elizabeth the Golden Years and this film is set beforehand. Fits in superbly with the second film. Definitely worth a view (in fact many views). Great price and very fast delivery
on 29 August 2014
I love the Tudor dynasty & this film really captured the way Elizabeth must have acted when facing death from all corners. The only part I don't like is the fact that they make Mary I seem like an evil monster & the fact every time we see her she is in a very dark room, maybe for effect, but I don't like it. The rest of the film is excellent and is highly recommended for any Tudor fan.
on 14 August 2016
A great film for historical film fans. Cate Blanchett is terrific as the great queen herself. Really interesting
on 19 May 2009
Im a major fan of of well made historical based movies, and this one is no acception.

It follows Elizabeth (Cate) on how she went from girl to women and not only this in the era she was born in, but also having to face being Queen at such a young age.
I feel Cate shows Elizabeth as a character amazingly, and if you like this movie you will certainly enjoy the follow up.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 August 2011
SAFE READING - NO SPOILERS (If you don't know the story!)

Thoroughly enjoyable, well-filmed and, generally, historically accurate, it is a film worth spending time on. Cate Blanchett is a very convincing Elizabeth. Although it could not capture the scale of the cinema, the DVD is of a high quality.

Recommended
on 13 April 2013
I had read reports of this film and thought I would take a chance and buy it, and believe you me it was worth it . The acting was second to none because of a good cast and direction, do not hesitate go out and buy it you will not be dissapointed.
One person found this helpful