on 8 October 2017
Don't hesitiate or dither - get this, especially at such a low price! If you did not know these had not been made in widescreen you would not tell. The image is breathtaking and the clarity astonishing. The detail is incredible and, if anything, it makes you appreciate all the time, care and attention that went into making these shows over 50 years ago! Far from detrecting from the enjoyment, the clarity of the image adds to it, and I gave already seen detail I had not noticed in repeated viewings of the shows. Equally, the sound is a revelation. No qualms, no regrets - get this!!!!
on 14 September 2017
Superb collection beautifully remastered set.The aspect ratio is of no consequence to me,to watch this FAB series again is just divine.
Bring on Captain Scarlet.....please!!!!
on 31 August 2017
Classic, still enjoy watching them.
on 15 June 2016
great
on 23 August 2017
Brings back my childhood memories great value for price
on 21 July 2017
I really enjoyed this. I was born in '85 and watched Thunderbirds growing up, even though it was still quite old in the early 90s.

I recently bought this Blu-ray set and I really enjoyed it. It was fantastic quality in terms of both the visuals and the audio, on a 40" Smart HD TV. In many ways Thunderbirds was quite advanced beyond its years, showing things as fiction which have either now become a reality or will someday soon.

***Possible tiny spoilers ahead!***

The writing was good, bar the odd episode, but then that's the same with any serialised programme. I found the voice acting to be ok. Considering its age, I think it stands up to the test of time well. I loved the models and miniatures. Very few goofs in the episodes, bar the odd daft thing like drivers side swapping constantly in different shots of the same vehicle.

My only two criticisms would be character development and plot. I don't feel that any of the characters were fleshed out during the series. We know so little about them from the series and they all seem far too nice. A family of men would likely butt heads frequently, it's a little too idyllic. Virgil probably gets the most development and even then it's just shots of him being artistic, painting or playing the piano. Maybe Alan a little too with his love of racing.

My other point would be a specific part of the plots. Every episode is the same: some massive, international, super rich company makes a ridiculously stupid mistake that puts people's lives at risk, somehow don't have any security or quality checks of their own despite being filthy rich and seemingly cannot handle problems with their own super state of the art machinery. It's just a little far fetched that, for example, a huge airport would have no way of dealing with a bomb threat when they've just had multi-million dollar planes made, or that a monorail would be unmanned and develop faults that their own engineers couldn't even manage.
on 24 September 2014
Quality
on 22 June 2016
I`ve been a thunderbirds collector for years now and I wasn't even aware they had restored this onto blu-ray. the difference is amazing and I can`t recommend ANY thunderbirds fan buy this enough. it`s even been reformatted into 16.9 widescreen and 5.1 dolby ......... WOW!
on 16 July 2012
First of all; I don't care about the aspect ratio. If you don't own the dvd or vhs you won't see that the image has been cut-off at the top and bottom. Sound and image have been remastered and for 30 pound it's a steal!
on 27 June 2017
its the propper series not the stupin new one where tintin is gone and jeff is dead and brains is well ruined. its brilliant get it and enjoy. it is never out dated and so well made its still showing after 50 years