Colour: Gloss White|Change

on 23 June 2008
When I first saw this TV stand, I was over the moon, great looking TV stand. However, be very careful when ordering this and check over your delivery very carefully.

The first two stands were visibly cracked. Although Amazon were very good at refunding and returning kit. It is an incredible hassle. As you need to be home (5 hours slot) to have the replacement delivered as well as the damaged product to be collected.

I am now on my 3rd stand. This one also has visbile cracks upon careful inspections. I cannot be bothered to return it now because of the hassle.

I wish the seller of these would be available for direct contact for me to leave them feedback. Having spoken to Amazon I understand that they have had a lot of these returned.

Again, nice looking stand, unfortunately the quality checks, or the damage in transit causing the cracks leaves a bad taste in my mouth
on 10 March 2010
Received my Ovid OV95-LCD & Plasma TV stand Gloss Black, 3 days after I placed an order for the time. 1 star to Amazon for that. Once received, it took 5 mins to put together, which accounts for another star. Once positioned where I wanted it to go, I placed my TV ontop and hey presto, the different to my lounge was amazing. Instead of a large, chunky, wooden TV stand in the corner, I now have a contempory, high gloss stand which will never date, and has made all my friends jealous; extra two stars. My only slight gripe is that you end up cleaning the stand every few days, as it picks up dust like a magnet. I've found the best product to use are furniture wipes.
on 10 November 2010
All I am going to say is that the previous reviews stating not to buy this stand were totally correct and I should have listened to them. I ordered the first stand and it arrived in good time, I opened the box and was feeling that all was going to be ok as there was loads of packaging around the stand. I removed all the packaging and suprise suprise the stand was of very poor quality. The finish on some of the surfaces, especially the ends is of sub standard and not what I would expect from a stand that costs more or less £150. On closer inspection I noticed that at one end there was a small section approx. 1cm long where the black surface was cracked. Obviously there is no quality checks conducted on the item before boxed. Called Amazon straight away and the guy couldnt be more friendly and ended up agreeing to have a new one sent out and returning the old.....I know I shouldnt but he was a nice guy and was trying his best so there you go. This by the way was mistake number two, new one arrived, same rubbish finish on some of the surfaces and again sub standard. On a plus point there was no crack. Without saying anymore returned this one too, got my refund and wont be buying any other products by Ovid. Feel like an idiot for not listening to the other bad reviews.

Poor build quality and obviously no one checking what rubbish comes of the production line, therefore rubbish company and product.............SO DONT DO IT!!!!!!
on 23 July 2008
I searched for ages looking across the range of stands for LCD TVs - many were offering bargains as part of a deal with the TV. However, I am glad I held out for this one. It looks different to all the other standard models and has a real modern feel to it (hope it still feels like this in 4 years time)! The stand really compiments the 37 TV but would take a bigger model and still look good.
I was worried it may be a bit plastic and weak but it is solid and strong and the glass shelf allows up to 4 products comfortably - I have a PS3 and set top box both on one shelf.
on 28 February 2009
After reading the 1 review for this item I was a little put off but the reviews for the same item in black gloss and red gloss made me rethink and i'm so pleased that I did as this stand looks amazing in the flesh, the picture doesn't do it justice at all.

The item arrived via City Link earlier than expected which was a bonus (thank you Amazon) and I collected it from the local depot. At 29kg it was quite some weight but it was very carefully packaged and once removed from the packaging, extremely easy to put together - just added the feet and inserted the glass panel.

My 32" LCD TV looks fantastic stood on it and a larger TV would look equally as good (may have to start saving) and I was amazed at just how roomy the shelves are. I have a Sky box, DVD player, surround sound amp and a Wii on the shelves and there would still be room for another item should I need it.

I can't think of any flaws with the stand, it has finished my living room off perfectly ... thank you Amazon / Techlink :o)
on 25 September 2009
I bought this item through Amazon originally for £175 - it arrived on agreed date but the box looked a tad beaten and i had my fears confirmed on opening the box to find a large crack down the side of the stand. I got on the phone to amazon and they agreed to send out a replacement - this went very smoothly. The second arrived and again the box looked like it might have been thrown around the warehouse by the warehouse monkeys and low and behold the second had a large crack down the side. Then the amazon pain kicked in, speaking to some call center in the Philippines was v painful, I was offered no compensation for this rubbish service and it was an ache to arrange for the collection of the items. I thus bit the bullet and bought from John Lewis for £249 - they brought it to me cotton wrapped and in perfect condition. It was interesting to note that the JL one had a different set of assemble instructions and parts which leads me to believe amazon may have bought a bulk of cast offs from the manufacture and are just going to take a hit on the product.
on 9 April 2010
I am being asked to review this item yet i am still waiting on it to be delivered, well the first one i ordered arrived damaged, i returned the damaged item and am still waiting on its replacement 4 weeks later, my wife is now nipping at me that we should have just paid more and bought the same item in the local store.
on 24 May 2008
For me it was more difficult to find a decent TV stand than the TV itself. I bought my TV and suddenly this item was out of stock on Amazon so I choose to wait after seeing every single TV stand I can find around London.

Recently it became available again and arrived today. I am amazed with the build quality of the item, finish and packing. I highly recommend this item if you like the look of it.

It is not like an ordinary TV stand and adds a completely different look to the living room. One thing to consider is that a standard HI-FI receiver wouldn't fit into this unit :( However my PS3 nicely fit and there are plenty of room for a few DVD player size units.
on 16 April 2014
I received this a couple of weeks ago and it was exactly as pictured.

The info says that it comes "part assembled" but all that means is the middle glass shelf needs to be placed onto the side-feet (it stays put because the 'feet' on which the glass panel rests have rubber inserts) and the unit's 4 feet have to be screwed on...takes 5 minutes, at most.

The only real negative thing I have to add is that because of its low height and very curved sides, there's not a great deal of room for your 'stuff' (DVD/BLU-RAY player, amp, Sky box, etc.). The bottom section has my Sony Blu-Ray player and Sky+ HD box...they barely fit next to each other. The top section just about houses my Sony amp (which is as slimline as the Blu-Ray player) with the front speaker of my 5.1 system sitting on top. It's supposed to fit up to 50" TVs and even though my 46" does fit on top, it overhangs each side by about 4". It's worth getting your tape measure out before actually buying this.

It's been in-situ for several days (along with my new 46" TV) and I must say, it looks really good. It seems pretty solidly made, although the surface material is very, very easy to scratch; it also attracts dust like you wouldn't believe. Those of us (er, I mean, those of YOU...) with OCD tendencies are going to be driven crazy and forced to be perpetually dusting it. :-)

Overall, very impressed and would choose this same unit again.
on 30 March 2015
The Ovid OV95B - LCD & Plasma TV Stand is very chic and of good quality, materials are very good and has a minimalist look to stand.

Our 50" inch TV in piano black looks very smart; would highly recommend.