on 28 March 2009
The Sims 2: Bon Voyage is my first expansion pack, and I would say it's very good, but sometimes it can take forever to load, especially when my sims are buying souveniers and walking home. Basically, you can create holiday destinations for a particular town-like making a downtown-and it can be one of 3 themes: woodland, tropical island or eastern. You can make holiday cottages for your sims, then they can buy them and stay in them from 3-6 days (you choose when you're booking your holiday on the phone beforehand). They can also stay in hotels and inns.
Some of it is a bit complicated; the installing is confusing and I had to work out for myself that I had to use the Bon Voyage disk to play, not my Double Deluxe disk, which is weird. Also, your sims want lots of different things once the game is installed, for example my family on holiday wanted to find bigfoot and wasted their holiday looking for him in all of the community lots.
Once the expansion pack is installed, lots of new furniture and clothes are evailable, so there are kimonos, shorts, grass skirts, new four-poster beds and circular tables, which are very useful for hotels.
Having Bon Voyage installed (and having to use the disk during gameplay) makes it no different from before, except that there are different options when you click on the people (they can take pictures of each other and walk places instead of taking the car) and there is a new button on the toolbar at the top.
I think that the best things on Bon Voyage are the music, clothes and the different destinations. I haven't made an eastern one yet but the tropical island destination is definitely the best, I don't know why.
There are also a lot of new hairstyles and and your Sims can buy jewellery at the shops, but I won't give away too much!
on 13 April 2009
I have had this game for about 6 months now, and I don't seem to have any problems on my computer because of it.
I understand that the expansion packs do make your computer slowe and sometimes, if I do to much on the programme then it will lock up, but I think that this occurs with many sims packages.
I am a huge sims fan though, and I'm working on my collection, and I have to say, that even though I think that apartment life is the best sim expansion pack, this is definately the 2nd best.
In sims 2 bon voyage you have the ability to take your sims on holiday, and although the concept is quite simple, I found this a very pleasing sims pack. Especially as it has some great new features:
* New clothes inspired by 3 different culture groups: Hula beach theme, relaxation and meditation theme and mountaineer hiker.
* Great hotels, shops and vacation houses for you to make, keep or customize.
* The opportunity to give your sims new make up and a whole new section of jewellery and watches.
* Great new objects.
* New wants that your sims can coplete and an all new bar for their holiday memories and what they have to achieve to become a world traveller.
* And many more really cool features, this is a must for all of the sims lovers out there!! :D
on 23 January 2009
This is a brilliant game with brilliant holidays to 3 places with different qualities, i would of given it 5 stars but sometimes the holidays are tooooo long. If not this game is brill it's also equivalent of getting a stuff pack you get : houses, hotels, hairstyles, jewelry and stuff
on 6 August 2010
Bon Voyage is extremely fun. I am currently on Summer holiday in Canada and that was the reason I bought this. The only bad thing I could possibly say is that you cannot create families in Vacation Points, which is a real bummer. But Bon Voyage is an expansion pack that every Simmer needs, especially the ones who love to travel.

On a scale of 1 to 5, BV is 4/5. If we could make families in Vacation Points, this will be 5/5 full stop.
on 18 November 2014
Another excellent expansion pack for your Sims game!

- holidays, what more can I say!
- send them on tours & day trips (but you don't see the actual activities, like when you send them to work)
- honeymoons! (These have to be booked before your Sims actually get married)
- extra "memory" record
- additional skills (teleportation)
- sunbathing, swimming in the sea etc.
- get a massage (or learn them!)
- buy a vacation home
- create your own holiday destination (same as creating your own town!)

- your sims can get sunburnt after sunbathing (but they can also get a tan). Neither of these are permanent.

I've read several reviews saying that the loading time for your sim buying a souvenir can sometimes be slow - I just want to point out that is a computer problem, not a problem with the actual game :)

I'd recommend this as it does give some extra "fun" options & wants (I mean, who doesn't like holidays?)

The pre-loaded destinations are
- sunny, tropical island (Hawaii style)
- a Far East town (China/Japan style)
- mountain town (typical hiking holiday, "Lake District" or "Scottish Highlands" style)

I haven't created any of my own destinations so I'm not sure on the custom choices, but there's usually a great selection when creating your own lands!
on 1 January 2018
Love it. Minus picking up hehehhehe
on 11 July 2017
no for me, gave to grandchildren
on 1 January 2017
Really quick delivery but the game didn't contain the booklet so I have no product key rendering the game completely useless.
on 31 October 2016