on 26 July 2015
I've quite a few fountain pens and I've actually bought four of these pens over the last three years (as presents for others) as well as for my own use. The people I've bought these for have not been regular fountain pen users but have all said they enjoy using it. It's quite a weighty pen but is reliable and no problems concerning ink flow. I tend to prefer a fine nib rather than medium nib as the line is quite think in my opinion. But you can always replace the nib to your choosing anyway.
A very good pen as a present for someone wanting to get a decent (looking) fountain pen with a weight that is (stereotypically) associated with more expensive models.
on 4 June 2015
Beautiful pen, writes gorgeously, doesn't cost too much money, ink refills easily available and last a decent amount of time.

What's not to love about it.

One of the most comfortable and pleasant pens I've ever used.

As Charlton Heston might say, you'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.
on 16 June 2012
Although I have always used a fountain pen I had just about given up. I had various pens, some expensive, but if they hadn't been used for a time they just would not work. The Lamy works every time. My only reservation is that I prefer a pen which I can fill from a bottle and this came with a cartridge. I know sometimes a seperate resevoir can be bought but I do think it should be provided with the pen to give the option.That is my only gripe and my main concern is that the pen works everytime and it does.
5 people found this helpful
on 12 December 2014
Ordered 'Black Lamy Studio Pen' and accessories as a present. All arrived on time and in good condition. Couldn't ask for more. Let's hope the recipient thinks so too. No complaints from me. MC
on 11 February 2018
The whole pen snapped in half in my pocket. Amazon quickly refunded. But this is my second after I lost my last - good weight and style.
review image
on 28 May 2012
A good pen arrived. I have nothing more to say. It's perfect! I'm using it for calligraphic design and graphic design: it looks natural in any way.
on 27 July 2010
Excellent pen and service.

Lamy are an excellent company and this pen has a good weight to it, writes well and I would recommend to anyone needing a pen that will impress!
7 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2016
nice pen .. medium nib
on 2 May 2013
Purchased for my wife - says it is the best pen she has ever had. Does not need any further comment.
on 3 March 2014
Great packaging, with a converter in it. The pen writes beautifully! I would recommend it to everyone who wants a pen with decent weight.