2,415

on 22 December 2014
I bought this to replace a halfords branded inflator that although works, takes around 5 minutes to top-up a tyre thats lost around 8 psi.

It has a fairly solid build quality. Fast inflation, although it doesnt feel quite as fast as advertised. I pumped a tyre up from 22 to 41 psi in maybe 2 mins. Having said that it was a larger tyre than the advertised timings used and i'm happy with how quick that is.

The white torch is basic but works.

The pump loses 1 star for the following niggles :

- the cable tidy is too small and you can end up forcing the adapter and cable in with a danger of crimping, you have to think about how its going back in and not just stuff it in roughly. It wouldn't fit like that anyway.

- the red light is a useful idea but should be seperate and positioned opposite to the white light, so both are useable in a roadside emergency. They are combined in 1 unit.

- the control panel is simple which is fine, but feels unresponsive when trying to select a new pressure level, until you "recall" the preset by holding the + button in for a couple of seconds, then adjust as needed.

For the price it's a great pump. Don't buy it for the light and take care of the cabling.
on 15 July 2016
Personally this product didn't work for me at all. I bought this in case of an emergency and I was on my own, which wouldn't work out considering it took two people to get it to sort of work. The connection to the cigarette lighter didn't fit at all as it was too small and didn't click in to place. It would only work if someone was holding it in place while the other was by the tyre but it would only work for around 4 seconds then it shut off so it reset and we would have to start the process again. I have purchased one of these before from a different seller and the same thing happened. I have heard from a few people that they have found the same thing also. A neighbour said with his one he has to put a piece of card in with the connector to make it secure to hold itself in place which I tried and also didn't work. I wouldn't recommend at all. However I did recieve it the next day and was in perfect condition within reason.
on 27 August 2012
An excellent product. Unlike the one I threw away, which had a clip on connection to the valve (and so leaked badly) this has a proper screw on connection. It is accurate, fast, and not as noisy as its predecessor. And it has an inbuilt emergency lamp.
on 27 May 2011
As usual, Amazon delivered the Pump in no time at all and the price was the cheapest I had seen.
The Pump is so easy to use and despite other reviews stating the storage of the cable was difficult, I found it to be very easy.
This is a top notch Pump and I highly recommend it.
on 21 November 2013
I have now used my Ring Auto Digital Compressor for all my car tyres & had them all blown up in less than 10 minutes. It is so simple to use. even my daughter had her car tyres blown up in less than 8 minutes. I know what I will be getting her for her christmas.
on 29 September 2014
Bought in 2011, kept in storage bag in boot, used twice but now the compressor does not work. It let me down when I was unlucky enough to have TWO punctures and needed to inflate both to get home. The torch and digital display still work but no air. Replacing with an analogue version in the hope that it will be more reliable.
on 25 May 2013
Does exactly as it says, works fine. It is easy to use and seems to be quite quick to inflate tyres. It's a nice neat package in a nice (soft) carry/storage case. I found the control buttons not quite intuitive, but the mini manual explains the process quite well.
on 12 May 2014
I bought this in Oct 2010, 3.5 years ago. It hasn't been used much. I have to look after 2 cars but the tyres rarely seem to need pumping up. Now the digital display is only showing hieroglyphs. No amount of button pushing, plugging/unplugging will persuade it to show the tyre pressure. Consequently setting it going and leaving it to cut out at a pre determined pressure isn't possible. The pump itself is fine, it's just the display.

Now, maybe after 3.5 years you think, that's ok, buy another, but I don't. I'd rather pay more and buy one that lasts. Having read your reviews there doesn't seem to be one :-(
on 27 July 2013
I bought one of these in early May and thought it was the dogs, quick to inflate tyres and so easy to use. Then one morning it blew my cigarette lighters fuse, no problem I replaced the fuse, it then blew the fuse in the plug, again easy to replace. but now it blows the plug fuse after only a few seconds use, (and yes I am using the correct amp fuse) maybe I've just got a dodgy one,
on 12 July 2014
Good machine especially for the money. Better instructions would be a bonus to get to grips with all the features. I bought this to accommodate inflating my car tyres and cycle tyres and would possibly have reconsidered if I'd realised that the attachment was a screw on. A quick release mechanism would have suited better as the screw on tip is a bit fiddly.