Customer reviews

Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£10.70+ £1.26 shipping

on 12 September 2016
Received Hoppity goes to town for my Grandchildren, my children had this when they were little. Unfortunately, I know this film is old but, it is blurred which takes away the enjoyment of watching it, are they all like this. Thankyou.
on 30 September 2013
I wanted to get this DVD for my mother as her mother remembered this film from when she was a child. The DVD was excellent quality and although they are in short supply for Hoppity Goes To Town, I would definitely recommend it to any lovers of vintage, retro and animated films. It is a lovely film to watch.
on 31 July 2017
One of the earliest and best cartoon movies ever made, way ahead of it's time.
on 11 April 2010
I just remember watching this cartoon once as a child, and somehow the story or characters have never left my mind. Perhaps it was my first 'grown up' cartoon and I picked up about the goodies vs the baddies and my first taste of eco-ism! I was pretty much watching the sillier but still great fun cartoons such as Flintstones, Pink Panther, Road Runner, etc, but this particular film/cartoon made an impact on me. It took me a while to remember the actual name of the film as I thought it was called 'Mr. Bug goes to Town'....but now I've watched it, I'm a happy bunny!
It's a classic film/cartoon, and one to stay in my collection for as long as we have DVD players!
on 27 March 2008
Hoppity goes to town is a real gem of a film.It`s a time capsule of a bygone age. Watch it like you`ve never heard of CGI and just enjoy the funny side of 1940`s America. I just love Swat the fly and Smack the mosquito,the two "henchmen " of Mr Beetle,who`s a devious and grasping landlord and ardent wouldbe suitor of Mr Bumble`s daughter Honey. It`s probably my wife`s favourite animated film. I don`t know how many times she`s watched it-dozens at least.
on 4 March 2017
great
on 23 April 2009
Recently bought, and much looked forward to, as Hoppity has been a favourite video in our family. I wanted a nice clear copy, to use into the future, but was so disappointed at the quality of the DVD. Like a home copied dvd. Fuzzy and pixels (picture breaking up into little squares) showing.
on 11 May 2009
I adore this early colour animated American film, it has brilliant characters and it is a fantastic story of little insects living alongside the Humans, they are in danger of being stepped on or dug up by building site workers, and just want a danger free, happy existence. Not sure how mnay times I watched it as a child, but i recall my Dad calling me to come home because this film was on again and he knew I really liked watching it! Will get this on DVD as soon as but i am concerend about the review of the low qaulity DVD that 1 post mentioned.
on 6 December 2008
When I was a small child I must of watched this film at least 4 times a week. I wore the video out.

A beautiful time capsule of the start of feature length animation, and the music isnt half bad either!
on 25 November 2012
My mum introduced me to this film (still have it taped off the tv, though the tape is very worn!), and it's always ranked as one of my most favourite films, never mind animated films! It is ahead of it's time in many ways, there is something about the style and humour that's one step forward. The animation is just beautiful, and the songs move from adorable to beautiful too. It's heartwarming and "cutesy", yet it maintains a real sense of drama too. Downside: I only wish we can get a better quality DVD release at some point, since I suspect us animation fans are missing out at the moment.