on 15 July 2017
I purchased this product solely for voice recognition dictation with Dragon Speaking Naturally. The microphone performs well and I am able to achieve a high degree of accuracy (about 95% accuracy) in speech dictation. I think that this is as good as it gets, in part due to the excellent Dragon software and in part due to this headset. There is a huge variation in the price of suitable voice recognition headsets, many of which are very expensive, so that I consider this product to be good value for money. For people on the move and away from their desk, the collapsible design is very convenient. I do not use this product for listening to music and I would guess there are better ear phones, as opposed to headsets, for this purpose.
VINE VOICEon 8 January 2015
I bought one of these devices in 2011 and, for a reason I can no longer remember, replaced it in April 2013. That unit was in almost daily use without any problems until, a week or so ago, one of the leads into the headphone unit became intermittent.

I was tempted - until I saw the price - to go for a Wi-Fi unit from Plantronics but finally replaced the now-deceased unit with the latest version of the 400 DSP headset. For some (silly?) reason I'd expected the new unit to be a plug-in replacement for the old one. Unfortunately it wasn't quite that simple and it took half an hour of fiddling before I convinced Windows and Dragon NaturallySpeaking there really was a working microphone/headset on the system. Once that was done everything worked perfectly. The quality of sound seems much better and, although it's early days, I get the impression that, with the new 400 DSP headset, Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 Premium (always extremely accurate) is handling word recognition even better.

My only criticism is the complete absence of any information about the controls. There's two of them, they're inevitably very small and almost hidden on the tiny unit that will clip quite neatly onto your lapel or coat pocket. I seem to remember having the same issue with the last unit.
on 17 August 2009
I bought my DSP 400s over 2 years ago and they have been in almost daily use. The sound quality is a big improvement over the conventional phones I used previously and the noise canceling facility has been very useful, allowing conversations to be made in noisy environments. The phones are light and comfortable to use for long periods. Unlike other reviewers here I find they sit securely on my head. I recently contacted Plantronics to find where I could buy replacement ear pads as mine were falling apart, as they will inevitably do with prolonged use. The reseller they directed me to did not stock the part so Plantronics sent me 3 sets free of charge. That is an exceptional level of service especially for a product that is not particularly expensive. A good product with excellent support.
on 9 November 2010
I bought this headset to use with my laptop primarily for Skype. Overall the sound quality and build quality are excellent and I've really got no complaints (the microphone boom sits on the left and as far as I can see it's not adjustable). Volume is good and I would definitely recommend it.

There is one note of caution though... having it over the top of your head means that the hinge that enables the headset to fold away sits on the top of your head... if you have a large head and have either short hair or no hair on top you may find that after a while the hinge digs into your head and becomes uncomfortable, so if you're wanting this as a mobile headset then it's great... if you will have it on your head all day I'd recommend against this portable headset.
on 8 July 2013
I use these for VoIP calls on my work laptop. They fold up really small, so they are easy to carry and are very comfortable even when I wears them for hours at a time. I've not tried playing high quality music through them, so I can't comment too much, but the voice quality is very good. All in all they are better quality and more comfortable than the in-ear head-phones I used before.
on 12 December 2009
I found this headset to be a light and simple piece of equipment that functioned admirably. The clarity of received sound good with my voice being clearly heard by my wife in Nigeria. I like it. It is okay in every respect. DEF of Birmingham.
on 27 February 2015
as requested
on 4 September 2014
Great product. Good quality. Lasted a long time. Would definitely buy again
on 22 March 2015
on 14 January 2016
Delivered on time and there was no damage to the order. Will be getting a lot of use out of it for university work.